Who do you think will emerge as the 4 Gods like in MVC2?

#1LucavexPosted 2/7/2013 6:57:43 AM(edited)
Sentinel, Storm, Cable, and Magneto were extremely, dominant late in the meta game for MVC2, so who do you think will be like that in UMVC3 9 years from now?

Right now as far as I can tell Magneto, Vergil, Zero, and Doom seem to be the most dominant characters and Magneto and Vergil will probably remain that way for sure but who knows? No one even knew TAC infinites existed in this game like 7 months ago.
---
tibbles is amazing in bed
Who LUE''s the Lucavex?
#2TheUltimator25Posted 2/7/2013 7:08:44 AM
phoenix wright is endgame top tier people just suck with him
#3EchoPianistPosted 2/7/2013 9:05:09 AM
Morrigan, Vergil, Zero, and Viper look to be the solid top 4 in the current meta. Mags and Doom are honorable mentions.
#4Killarock404Posted 2/7/2013 9:10:22 AM
If there are no updates to this game, i would imagine we would see top teams instead of single characters being rated. I believe every character has a team counter, but that's just my opinion.
#5NoizyChildPosted 2/7/2013 9:21:58 AM
This game is too balanced to have a god-tier. There aren't any characters that completely dominate the roster to the point where they win at the character select screen.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#6JtrunksPosted 2/7/2013 10:45:44 AM
This game is too balanced to have a god-tier. There aren't any characters that completely dominate the roster to the point where they win at the character select screen.

---
On a quest to get one thread stickied :A:
sticky req plz
#7Natsume_Tien7Posted 2/7/2013 10:58:45 AM
NoizyChild posted...

Exactly. If the game had characters that were OP compared to everyone else like the 4 Gods, it would already be known as a certainty by now.
---
Ignore my username...'05 was a different time. Just call me Hydro.
#8king0091Posted 2/7/2013 11:21:54 AM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
NoizyChild posted...

Exactly. If the game had characters that were OP compared to everyone else like the 4 Gods, it would already be known as a certainty by now.

If I remember correct Sentinel wasn't God Tier in the first 2 years of MvC2
#9loffterPosted 2/7/2013 11:30:57 AM
NoizyChild posted...

true story. There are so many factors in a match that could completely turn the tide (Happy birthdays, x-factor, etc.) There wont be a top 4. Even the worst characters in the game have SOMETHING to offer.
---
Also, I can kill you with my brain. ~ River
*Black2 3311-3541-1257
#10lol_whatPosted 2/7/2013 11:33:18 AM(edited)
If I remember right, the general order of ascension was something like

cable (ez mode and hyper viper briefly made everyone lose their mind and think the game was **** from the damage it did)

storm (dat runaway, early marvel was two idiots shooting at eachother for two minutes, only got better as people got her rushdown stuff figured out)

sentinel (unfly and unblockables and stuff were all glitches and make him go from really strong to "Lots of the cast straight up can't win" mode)

magnus (aside from small stuff like double snaps mangus is all rushdown skill and execution)