Who do you think will emerge as the 4 Gods like in MVC2?

#21Bahamut knight zeroPosted 2/7/2013 2:26:12 PM
Doom
Vergil
Magneto
Zero

Morrigan is too team dependent to be god-tier (maybe that MvC2 Strider level of tier).
---
JUS FC: 4854-3681-3756 (Kayin12)
PSN: BahamutKnight0
#22saborzeroPosted 2/7/2013 4:34:29 PM
Bahamut knight zero posted...
Doom
Vergil
Magneto
Zero

Morrigan is too team dependent to be god-tier (maybe that MvC2 Strider level of tier).

And Zero isn't?
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoL (PC) UMVC3(360) P4G(Vita)TTT2(PS3) Halo 4 (360) AC:B(360)
#23king0091Posted 2/7/2013 5:04:46 PM
saborzero posted...
Bahamut knight zero posted...
Doom
Vergil
Magneto
Zero

And Zero isn't?

Put Zero with any of the 3 anti air assists and he is good.
#24NoizyChildPosted 2/7/2013 5:07:22 PM
From: Lord_Shadow_19 | Posted: 2/7/2013 1:15:30 PM | #054
NoizyChild posted...
This game is too balanced to have a god-tier. There aren't any characters that completely dominate the roster to the point where they win at the character select screen.

Doom and Vergil.

Doom is god tier because of his assists, Vergil is god tier because he's laughably overpowered.

No.

God-Tier is when you are, far and away, better than everyone else on the roster.

Doom and Vergil are high tiered, but they certainly can be beaten.

MVC2's God Tier was such because they were quite simply more complete characters compared to the rest of the roster.

In a game where the majority of the roster depends on jumping HK or dash in crouching LK to land a hit, being able to fly or completely zone them out makes you king.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#25Lucavex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:03:05 PM
MeepleLardicle posted...
Just gonna echo the claim of how amount of knowledge in this game is way more than what we knew in equivalent amount of time in MvC2.

Information shared much faster is the big thing. I think someone said 2 months of MvC3 is equivalent to 2 years of MvC2 for how much information is processed, tech is learned, understanding of characters are, etc.

So yeah, I feel if there was a God Tier character, we'd know it already. Granted, when Ultimate first came out, Wesker hype was at an absurd level to the point where you mention ANYTHING that would suggest he wasn't unbeatable top tier, you were wrong. Case in point?

"So, watching this major, Wesker seemed to have a lot of trouble dealing with Trish. Maybe he just doesn't do well against legitimate zoning?"
"NO YOU'RE WRONG SHUT UP WESKER OUT ZONES WITH GUN SHOTS! Also Trish is pointless, BAD MATCH UP IN VANILLA SO PROVES NOTHING!"

No, I'm not kidding; this is the kind of stuff the Wesker Era pulled.

Not saying you are wrong, just saying there's no way to know for sure at this point. The Wesker argument early in UMVC3s life just proves that even more so. People were so certain then he was unbeatable and like ZOMG lvl4 X-factor!!!! Totally unaware at that point of the much more ridiculous possibilities like AV Morrigan with missles, or even Wolverine with his insane rushdown potential. I remember when everyone was like OMG they nerfed berserker slash Wolverine is mid-tier trash now. LOL all totally ignorant statements, but they further show that the possibilities in this game continually develop meta strategies and alter the course of the dialog about the characters.
---
tibbles is amazing in bed
Who LUE''s the Lucavex?
#26Barrel DragonPosted 2/8/2013 12:46:59 AM
Magneto is the only one I feel safe calling a god. Otherwise it's too early in this games life. First Wesker was too good and now Morrigan is "top tier." Iceman syndrome.
---
PSN=Boeyoyo
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Boeyoyo
#27EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 2/8/2013 6:10:41 AM
MVC2's God Tier was such because they were quite simply more complete characters compared to the rest of the roster.

In a game where the majority of the roster depends on jumping HK or dash in crouching LK to land a hit, being able to fly or completely zone them out makes you king.

This hits the nail on the head right here.The damage was lower hit for hit so Cable linking 3 supers together was massive but in MvsC3 multiple supers is commonplace.Another example would be DHCs into Hail Storm killing a character in one combo which virtually no other character could pull off which has also become commonplace in MvsC3 with several cast members. After that then we can get into how the whole cast of both games have night and day differences in overall options and a simple Anti-Air assist doesnt shut most of the cast down in MvsC3

That being said clearly Dooms assists are so good they can make any team better and hes a top tier character when on point himself.Virgil also has a virtual "turn off the opponents controller" button in Swords before even touching a pretty good general list of moves.Magneto also does everything better than the majority of the cast except absorb damage.There may not be the disparity between them and the rest of the cast that there was in MvsC2 but there is definitely a large gap in the casts comparative strength
---
The [OSMBV] Harbinger of Newbie Death and MODOK Avenger of GameFAQs
Reigning Sorcerer Supreme of the GameFAQs dimension
#28NoizyChildPosted 2/8/2013 11:44:46 AM
From: EVIL CAP AMERICA | Posted: 2/8/2013 8:10:41 AM | #107
there is definitely a large gap in the casts comparative strength

I disagree here, Cap.

Considering most characters in this game are ~B/B+ tier, I'd put the likes of Doom, Vergil, and Magneto at A/A+ tier.

Compare that to MVC2, where the 4 Gods were S Tier, and the rest of the cast was about C/C+ tier, on average.

There's a gap, but it isn't that large.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#29jellybeanmasterPosted 2/8/2013 5:10:28 PM
Doom magneto dormammu storm
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#30Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/8/2013 5:26:12 PM
NoizyChild posted...
From: EVIL CAP AMERICA | Posted: 2/8/2013 8:10:41 AM | #107
there is definitely a large gap in the casts comparative strength

I disagree here, Cap.

Considering most characters in this game are ~B/B+ tier, I'd put the likes of Doom, Vergil, and Magneto at A/A+ tier.

Compare that to MVC2, where the 4 Gods were S Tier, and the rest of the cast was about C/C+ tier, on average.

There's a gap, but it isn't that large.

Its large enough that it's painful to watch Chris work so hard to try kill Magneto while Magneto can literally dance around him or just throw out disruptors that literally own the massive amount of ranged options Chris has.

Or watching Hsien-Ko take an hour to get to somebody and then have to do that like 4 times to kill anyone while Vergil can literally activate swords and kill you by teabagging and there is nothing you can do to him.

Please, there may not be that factor of being outclassed in every way like Storm was in MvC2 compared to everyone else, but Vergil stomps on 90% of the cast for free just the same. This game is fun, but it is nowbere near balanced.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19