GameFAQS tier list

#1DX1900Posted 2/7/2013 1:41:02 PM(edited)
Why is it that GF loves to use tournament results when considering tier list placement?

God Tier:
Morrigan
Doom
Vergil

High Tier:
Magneto
Dormammu
Nova
Spencer
Phoenix
Iron Fist

Mid Tier:
The people no one cares about

Absolute **** Tier:
Viper
Sentinel
Dr. Strange
Thor
Wesker
Jill
Zero

*EDIT*: Jill in **** Tier.
#2serpentaurusPosted 2/7/2013 1:39:02 PM
Forgot Jill in the **** tier
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#3soniczero9Posted 2/7/2013 1:52:15 PM
Why is Viper in the **** Tier? GameFAQers love to talk about how she's a top 5 character.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG9-SCVc-E0 - Animaniacs 1, Censors 0
#4StrykeBlaydePosted 2/7/2013 1:56:13 PM
I remember someone from SRK wanting to mess with GF while SRK was down. You wouldn't happen to know this fella, by any chance? :V
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#5djprofessork1Posted 2/7/2013 2:06:12 PM(edited)
you forgot to add Dante to s*** tier

and Wesker is god tier
#6Natsume_Tien7Posted 2/7/2013 2:25:28 PM
DX1900 posted...
Why is it that GF loves to use tournament results when considering tier list placement?

I don't know, but it gets kinda annoying that tier placement for a character suddenly takes some huge shift after winning anything. Then, one of two things happens:

1.) The hype dies down, and the character eventually falls off the radar and ends up back where they were tier-wise before they won.

2.) The character starts being used a lot because "omg top 5 in game", and they either maintain that status or get figured out.
---
Ignore my username...'05 was a different time. Just call me Hydro.
#7DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:02:25 PM(edited)
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
DX1900 posted...

I don't know, but it gets kinda annoying that tier placement for a character suddenly takes some huge shift after winning anything. Then, one of two things happens:

1.) The hype dies down, and the character eventually falls off the radar and ends up back where they were tier-wise before they won.

2.) The character starts being used a lot because "omg top 5 in game", and they either maintain that status or get figured out.

If Zero won the next major, people would **** themselves and finally start saying hes top tier, even though he is anyway. Iron Fist won a major. People need to stfu, the character is just under represented, much like Viper.
#8SGleader1Posted 2/7/2013 3:14:32 PM
DX1900 posted...
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
DX1900 posted...

If Zero won the next major, people would **** themselves and finally start saying hes top tier, even though he is anyway. Iron Fist won a major. People need to stfu, the character is just under represented, much like Viper.

No, Justin Wong won the major. Iron fist is the character he used.
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.