Why Does Trish Suck?

#1StrykeBlaydePosted 2/7/2013 10:35:27 PM
Seriously. I go into Training Mode with Trish/Doom/Sent, and decide to try and style a bit, maybe throw Round Trip into combos aside from the quick s.S -> j.SS extension.

Nothing. Neither Drones or HM want to keep them at a height Trish can do anything with, and even if that were the case her damage is just horrible unless I use HM to hit Max Voltage a second time(and even then Sent can herpderp for more).

I wanted to try and Style with Trish, because I remembered this Vanilla video, released in like April '11, and Trish was doing all sorts of cool looking combos. They did garbage damage, but they were just so nice to look at.

I think she lost her Stylin' License on the move to Ultimate. Anyone want to prove me wrong? TAC combos only count half.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#2Zanmato555Posted 2/7/2013 10:38:15 PM
Secret "I suck with trish, give me style combos cause I can't find them out myself" Topic
---
http://puu.sh/12RIW http://puu.sh/13ywD
http://puu.sh/12BS1 http://puu.sh/13yfX
#3StrykeBlayde(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:40:06 PM
Zanmato555 posted...
Secret "I suck with trish, give me style combos cause I can't find them out myself" Topic

Partly. However, I am legit wondering if she just 'lost the ability' to do these combos. Seems like her Sword normals just add on so much hitstun.
---
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#4smasher61Posted 2/7/2013 10:41:45 PM
her tac inf is pretty easy and fun. most stylish/scary trish i remember playing is phraxure...

Zanmato555 posted...

"secret"?
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#5_tanjil_Posted 2/7/2013 11:14:42 PM
for some reason Trish was designed to not have any combos outside of the TAC infinite, EVERYTHING she does creates way too much hit stun deterioration. The best she has is the dual OTG assist for good damage.

Such a weird design, that she can't loop any of her combos, peekaboo is useless in combos bigger than 4 hits, without an assist she can't use her level 3 to kill a full health 800K+ opponent... and personally I don't like how heavy she becomes as an XF3 anchor

But in general her BNB solo damage is alright... in the 600K zone

Whats stupid is that characters like Doom, and Magneto zone better than Trish, have higher damage and mobility, and easy level 3's for guaranteed kills.
#6ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 2/7/2013 11:28:43 PM
She doesn't she's really good and her damage problem is easily fixed proper DHCs.
---
"If I could use one word to describe you it is Tactless."
#7StrykeBlayde(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:35:04 PM
ZTS_vs_Deck posted...
She doesn't she's really good and her damage problem is easily fixed proper DHCs.

Woosh.
---
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#8SquekyduckquackPosted 2/8/2013 5:33:37 AM
StrykeBlayde posted...

Woosh.

Nothing but net. Hi, I'm Magic Johnson with a few tips on blowing up the Death Star... First off, never forget your objective. There gonna be so many folks coming at you to slow you down you might feel like you got a bull's-eye on your head. No, but they will be trying to kill you. Also, don't forget you have teammates out there watching your back. Unless you been messin around with their wife or girlfriend. No, but they will be there to help you. Lastly, you wanna make sure you step back and take cover after you sink that bucket. Cause that sky gonna light up like the 4th of July. No, but there will be a large explosion.
---
GT: xBroviet Russia
UMVC3 Teams: A: Nova / Frank West / Vergil B:Nova / Spencer / Doctor Strange C: Phoenix Wright / Dante / Vergil
#9celebpoisonPosted 2/8/2013 7:15:34 AM
lol she can get 700k damage easily (corner though)

j.H -> divekick -> s.M -> s.H -> cr.H -> S -> j.M -> divekick -> s.L -> s.M -> s.H -> S -> j.L -> j.L -> j.M -> j.M -> double jump -> j.L -> j.M -> j.H -> divekick -> low voltage L -> MAX Voltage
#10alphame4Posted 2/8/2013 8:59:56 AM
Because she's a slutty demon
---
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus P8P67 Pro | 4Gb EVGA 670 SLI | 16GB Ripjaws 1600 Mhz
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow