venom in the amazing spider-man 2 (movie)

#1sadiq2010Posted 2/7/2013 10:39:02 PM
i smell a dlc character of venom in marvel vs capcom 3 arcade edition very soon.
#2Dinoman96Posted 2/8/2013 2:52:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2

Venom isn't mentioned anywhere here. It just says Electro is the villain.
---
wargle gargle
#3LordRattergunPosted 2/8/2013 3:07:36 AM
Dinoman96 posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2

Venom isn't mentioned anywhere here. It just says Electro is the villain.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/65393586

He's just been heavily hinted at.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#4reyray0709Posted 2/8/2013 3:21:34 AM(edited)
Dammit, I hope they don't pull another Spiderman 3.

Sony must be pressuring them again >_>
---
Umvc3 Teams: Zero, Vergil, Wesker - Nova, RR, Strider - Hawkeye, Morrigan, Doom - 3rd strike: Yun & Yang
PSN and GT: reyray0709.
#5MeepleLardiclePosted 2/8/2013 3:44:16 AM(edited)
I thought the idea was that Venom/Eddie Brock WASN'T going to be in the ASM movies, but instead, star in his own Movie where they can focus on "Venom: Anti-Hero of Justice!" or whatever, because if you cut Spider-man out of the picture, Venom's suddenly a good guy.

THEN have a crossover of the two after that, likely using Carnage as the villain.

I know they said they wanted to do this because, well, giving Venom his own movie means you can focus on the character better, rather than be forced to deal with only the "VENOM/BROCK HATES SPIDER-MAN!" issue.

Anyway, source of Venom's hint?

EDIT: Just checked and uh, that hint is WAAAAAAAAY to vague to consider "Heavily Hinted." We don't even know the context of the shot. For all we know, it's just a stinger shot in the ending or something. DOn't get your hopes up, is all I'm saying.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#6G-ScythePosted 2/8/2013 9:55:57 AM
hopefully they are just building up to Venom, because a movie with Electro, Rhino, Venom, and probably Norman Osborn too is just WAAAY too much

also, they have absolutely no ****ing idea what they are doing with Venom movie-wise

his solo film has been in development hell since Spider-man 3, and it should stay there because Daredevil, the Ghost Riders, and the Punishers have shown us that they can't do darker films. (heck, Thomas Jane made an 11 minute fan-film about the Punisher that was 20x better than the movie)

Also, they would probably be afraid to give it an R-rating since it would cut out a large part of Marvel's audience (kids and young teens). ultimately giving us a neutered version of Maximum Carnage.

also having Eddie Brock without Pete, cutting out his entire origin story, is just stupid. He has to start out as a bad guy because that became his driving force to redeem himself and become a hero. Also, how would they explain the symbiote getting Spider powers in the first place?

also, they have hinted towards 3 different hosts (Eddie, Harry, and Flash). If they want to experiment with switching hosts, thats fine, but having the Venom symbiote bonding to Pete and then the other 3 is too much.
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#7Killarock404Posted 2/8/2013 10:02:44 AM
Im all for Eddie being in the moive, but if Venom is in a movie, he deserves to be the main antagonist
#8Telly2588Posted 2/8/2013 10:11:25 AM
Anyone else still meh on the fact that Jamie Foxx is playing Electro?
---
PSN: BksOnlyHoP3
Yeezy taught me.
#9G-ScythePosted 2/8/2013 10:25:04 AM
Telly2588 posted...
Anyone else still meh on the fact that Jamie Foxx is playing Electro?

i am
this is supposedly based on Ultimate Electro, so they should have gotten someone younger
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#10stevenbobPosted 2/8/2013 10:29:56 AM
you do know marvel does not truly like supporting the sony spider man movies they want the rights back bad if there was an update for marvel they would avoid using it to advertise the movie
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich