Vergil Guard Break on the Vita (Video)

#31BlackEnergy11Posted 2/9/2013 7:41:07 PM
SGleader1 posted...
Karsticles posted...
I was able to spend the full 1 minute and 14 seconds to watch this video and know that throw techs were turned on.

Did you send this in to SRK yet?

Oh, and thanks for sharing.

Should I send this to SRK? =/

Depends on if you want alot of haters and your tech exposed.
---
psn: neogunz1985
4th Lord Mains: ??? The Official Sentinel Of The World.
#32MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/9/2013 7:47:45 PM
SGleader1 posted...
Karsticles posted...
I was able to spend the full 1 minute and 14 seconds to watch this video and know that throw techs were turned on.

**** SRK.

Good stuff SG. What do you play under in tournaments? have you made a name for yourself?

Also, lmao at certain people in here. You guys are annoying as **** and solidified me never sharing anything on here with you people.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#33AWorldUnitedPosted 2/9/2013 7:51:32 PM
what do you truly expect? This is the internet and this is a videogame message board. What better place to act aggressive?or to pretend to be cool and important? Or to pretend to be better than others?
#34StrykeBlaydePosted 2/9/2013 8:10:19 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Also, lmao at certain people in here. You guys are annoying as **** and solidified me never sharing anything on here with you people.

I dunno, it really does seem weak. Once he does High Rise, it's pretty much assured he's going to Trick back down meaning he's not crossing you up at that moment. If he calls an assist, you're not going to pushblock it because why would you? He's High Rising you, how many options does he have without meter/XF?

And at that point, his best option is to probably cross under. You're still in block-stun from the assist so as long as you're holding back he's not pegging you. If he tries to teleport behind you, you're probably gonna recover before he does because his recovery frames on it are kinda bad(especially since that assist in particular would be over at that point).

It'd be easier(and probably better) just to call assist, Helm Breaker, and try to get the RTG going so you can keep them in blockstun and whittle them. Besides, who's to say that it even works on actual players? We all know the Training Dummy doesn't follow the same rules as normal players. If he does it in an actual match, I might be slightly more inclined to agree that it's got potential.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#35MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/9/2013 9:01:29 PM
StrykeBlayde posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

I dunno, it really does seem weak. Once he does High Rise, it's pretty much assured he's going to Trick back down meaning he's not crossing you up at that moment. If he calls an assist, you're not going to pushblock it because why would you? He's High Rising you, how many options does he have without meter/XF?

And at that point, his best option is to probably cross under. You're still in block-stun from the assist so as long as you're holding back he's not pegging you. If he tries to teleport behind you, you're probably gonna recover before he does because his recovery frames on it are kinda bad(especially since that assist in particular would be over at that point).

It'd be easier(and probably better) just to call assist, Helm Breaker, and try to get the RTG going so you can keep them in blockstun and whittle them. Besides, who's to say that it even works on actual players? We all know the Training Dummy doesn't follow the same rules as normal players. If he does it in an actual match, I might be slightly more inclined to agree that it's got potential.

It's a guaranteed throw. That's good no matter what way you want to skew it.

Guaranteed throw>Mixup

I don't know about you, but I don't always think "oh, should I push block this?" So this may get someone unexpectedly. Especially if you got vergil underneath you, I try to push him off as well (During high rise). I may end up pushing the assist out of it being unexpected. Like he said, this would be after a mixup, and unless you've got the reactions of a god (which you've already stated you suck) you're not going to be aware that he's not going for a mixup but going for a guard break instead.

At least someone here is playing the game and trying to find new stuff.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#36StrykeBlaydePosted 2/9/2013 9:21:49 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
It's a guaranteed throw. That's good no matter what way you want to skew it.

Indeed it is. On a training dummy. That has been proven to not block/tech on the 1st possible frame it can in Deadpool's little thing. What can work on the dummy won't necessarily work on the opponent. Same goes for the other direction.

He needs to show it works on actual players as well.

Guaranteed throw>Mixup

See above

I don't know about you, but I don't always think "oh, should I push block this?" So this may get someone unexpectedly. Especially if you got vergil underneath you, I try to push him off as well (During high rise). I may end up pushing the assist out of it being unexpected. Like he said, this would be after a mixup, and unless you've got the reactions of a god (which you've already stated you suck) you're not going to be aware that he's not going for a mixup but going for a guard break instead.

Those sound like those are more of -your- problems, more than anything else. I'm the guy that blocks XF3 Strider, Zero mix-ups, and -on a really good day- half of Jsole's Jill crap, but yet can't do anything against level 1 Frank West. Not level 5 Frank West, the Frank West that spams Slide -> Zombie Swing -> repeat, where apparently I can't punish it with any character that isn't Ghost Rider.

Vergil is not a problem character for me. Don't ask me how, but Vergil doesn't just give me problems. So those examples kinda fall on deaf ears for me.

At least someone here is playing the game and trying to find new stuff.

I didn't say "Oh, you suck, don't ever try to find anything again.". I just didn't feel like echoing what several other people had already said. I'm glad he's trying to find stuff out, this one just doesn't happen to be too impressive, if it's even possible.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#37NickOfTimePosted 2/9/2013 11:40:43 PM
doesn't rapid slash soft knockdown?
#38SGleader1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:35:54 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SGleader1 posted...
Karsticles posted...

**** SRK.

Good stuff SG. What do you play under in tournaments? have you made a name for yourself?

I unfortunately can't go to tournaments right now, but when I do I'll let you know. I wish I could make a name for myself, but that'll come one day.

And for the people going 'Oh totally not a guard break.'

It's an option, and push blocking Zero isn't something you'd initially do first, but if you read earlier in the topic I have scare tactics that make my opponent want to push block Zero. If you do this set up and they don't push block at all, they can get thrown as soon as they touch the ground or eat a triple cross up as the least frighting option. This guard break set up is after you've set up mind games and conditioned your opponent to the fact that they don't want you Vergil anywhere the **** near them, plus it's a decent option to have to Vergil's tool set.

Also, whiffing high time in the corner causes a VERY ambiguous cross up that Vergil can hit confirm off of.
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.
#39smasher61Posted 2/10/2013 1:43:38 AM(edited)
am i really the only one here that's gobsmacked someone is doing combos on the vita
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#40MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/10/2013 1:48:50 AM
smasher61 posted...
am i really the only one here that's gobsmacked someone is doing combos on the vita

i agree
---