I hate when I can't pull potential out of theory teams

#1TheMoralessStarPosted 2/10/2013 3:45:14 AM
due to whatever reasons. I haven't made one team that I respect in a while now, always due to either 2 small flaws, or 1 big flaw.

?/X-23/stable TAC infinites

This was going to be the squad that wins games in pretty much 1 TAC from anywhere on the screen, followed by 2 unblockables. But there are 2-3 small problems:

•TAC infinite flexible character. Right now, the only option is Doom. Magneto/Storm tech is out there and promising, so they can also be a candiate if you are an early adapter. I personally think Nova, Storm, Iron Man, and Magneto have the tools to become Doom tier when it comes to TAC infinites, but for now your only 3 viable options are Doom, Magneto, and Storm.
•X23 needs 1 assist to extend her combos
•Solid point character has to be able to use an X23 assist, mid-combo, so that he can TAC as soon as she leaves the screen.

Now the first point isn't that hard, X23 can get relaunches off of many assists. No biggie right? But the interferes, your anchor has to be either Mag, Doom, or Storm (essentially) for them TAKfinites. Rocks/missiles and hypergrav assist are the only assists X23 can get from your TAC characters. Anchor hypergrav assist = lel. So you're left with either rocks or missiles.

Now, those 2 aren't bad assists at all (rocks/missiles), but you need a sufficient point character that can greatly benefit from just one of those assists, and can reliably use an X23 assist in a way that allows a TAC as soon as the assist leaves the screen.

That list is so small. Vergil, Wolverine, uhhh um... Strange? Uhh.,, yeah. And both those two would benefit from a plasma beam over rocks/missiles any day of the week.

You can choose to make your point be the assist extension/TAV setup-er, and free up your TAC characters assists, but that list is:

Vergil, Strange, uhm uhh god damn why is this girl so specific? I don't want to play Vergil >_>

PS: Vergil/X23/Doom and Vergil/X23/Magneto is the best team I'm feeling after the past 10 days of training mode and 1 hour of offline matches.
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#2TheMoralessStar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:47:24 AM
Don't even get me started in Spider-Man/Nova/Doom. So much potential, but Spider-Man is like vaccuuming your front yard. Too much work.
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#3nantomasterPosted 2/10/2013 7:21:02 AM
You're making composition difficult for yourself if you want to put X-23 second and abuse TAC infinites.

Put X-23 in first, pick a TAC infinite character with a good assist, a suitable anchor and you're done.
---
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. UMVC3: X-23/Dante/Akuma SSF4: Viper, Cammy(both are mains.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
#4MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/10/2013 11:14:45 AM
Magneto/X-23/Doom?
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#5NewuserPosted 2/10/2013 11:21:19 AM
nantomaster posted...
You're making composition difficult for yourself if you want to put X-23 second and abuse TAC infinites.

Put X-23 in first, pick a TAC infinite character with a good assist, a suitable anchor and you're done.

Yeah why not X-23/Doom/Vergil? If X-23 lands a hit, you TAC infinite to a win, if she dies early you have a solid Doom/Vergil to rely on.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus