Converting from Online to offline

#1Bigezzay08Posted 2/11/2013 9:14:41 AM
Has been difficult. I go to a casuals meet-up every Friday and I drop combos that I usually hit 99% online. Idk if It's a mix of HDTVs or just playing offline but I'm getting pissed lol.

So here's a question: If I plan on going to a Major should I stop playing online like a week before and just play casuals?
---
GT: I AM ONSLAUGHT
#2testament067Posted 2/11/2013 9:16:21 AM
To answer your question...yes.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#3StrykeBlaydePosted 2/11/2013 9:18:44 AM
Stop playing online a couple of weeks in advance, and just get everything 'tuned' to offline speed, so to speak.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Playing: DMC1-4, DmC, Bayonetta, UMvC3, JC2, Skyrim, etc.
#4RagingRicansPosted 2/11/2013 9:21:51 AM(edited)
It can be a mixture of your televison and online lag. This happens to me all the time and it takes a while for me to adjust. Just play some casuals to get use to the timing. Its weird I practice all my BNBs find offline at home, but at a tournament the timing feels different. I bought an ASUS. But IDk somesthings off.
-
PSN: RagingRicans. "There is always a little truth behind every "Kappa" - Fictional Hispanic man.
#5SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/11/2013 4:55:22 PM
. I go to a casuals meet-up every Friday

Just admit that it's a swingers party
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LjCJDdy.jpg
#6MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/11/2013 5:23:21 PM
Yes, stop playing online.

I think I'm absolutely going to stop playing online in march, to get ready for FR and another tournament.

If I stay in the lab for an entire month I know I will come out ten times stronger. Ready to actually play like I can.

Online gimps you, but it gives you matchup experience. That's it. Helps you test out setups as well, but they are usually more effective online as opposed to offline because people can't really react online.

I experienced this as well. My first local tournaments I played terribly, dropped very simple combos with even Taskmaster. I was so used to online timing that I could barely hit anything.. Meanwhile, online I was consistently hitting the lightning loop. The TVs or monitors you play on also change your timing but not NEARLY as much as online. You get used to it after a few matches. So play casuals (especially before a tournament) to get your timing back, as it's minuscule. Online/Offline timing's difference is huge.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#7Bigezzay08(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:00:57 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
. I go to a casuals meet-up every Friday

Just admit that it's a swingers party

It's not a swinger party unless all of the nude bros are there.
---
#8Bigezzay08(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:02:14 PM
Yeah I think that's what I'll have to do JDM.

I really want to go to NCR but they haven't even announced it yet. And I plan on going to Evo.
---
#9Old_SodPosted 2/14/2013 5:31:22 AM
Yo Onslaught...I played in my 1st tournament yesterday and finally got to understand what you are talking about. I haven't been that frustrated with Marvel in a good bit.

I just could NOT get used to the timing of the setup we played on. Somehow, I still made it to Winner's Finals, then lost once getting knocked to Losers. I don't think I hit a single Zip loop or corner cross grapple during any of the matches.

Also, good luck at those tourneys, my fellow nuder.
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#10Bigezzay08(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:34:30 AM
Old_Sod posted...
Yo Onslaught...I played in my 1st tournament yesterday and finally got to understand what you are talking about. I haven't been that frustrated with Marvel in a good bit.

I just could NOT get used to the timing of the setup we played on. Somehow, I still made it to Winner's Finals, then lost once getting knocked to Losers. I don't think I hit a single Zip loop or corner cross grapple during any of the matches.

Also, good luck at those tourneys, my fellow nuder.

Yeah man It's bull. My buddy invited some really good Wesker and Viper players and expected me to be "good." Instead I drop simple Dante BnB's and zip loops. Straight looked like a chump.

And looks like I'll be attending Nor Cal Regionals. So I'll have to have an offline training regiment for a couple weeks.

Good stuff though. Where are you located at again?
---