Guard Breaks Revisited

#1xero15Posted 2/11/2013 11:10:33 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcCaS9bg-S4
#2TheMoralessStarPosted 2/12/2013 12:22:33 AM
I don't think you emphasized how to deal with pushblocks and their varying timings. A good number of the setups you were using as examples aren't very reliable, since a well timed pushblock will make it impossible for you to take the appropriate action on DHC with Spider-Man, and can even allow the opponent to escape the grab and punish you in time.

Very nice job on the explanation though, its just that some of the setups you were showing might cause confusion for the people who don't completely know the workings of these kinds of guardbreaks. When you were explaining how some of these setups are truly un-escapable, there was a very escapable setup playing in the background , people might ge the wrong idea >_>
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#3KawasakininPosted 2/12/2013 12:25:58 AM
nice
---
CanJS PK psn: kawasakinin http://www.youtube.com/user/kawasakinin
Taskmaster Dante Deadpool http://www.twitch.tv/kawasakinin
#4Alom_o_molaPosted 2/12/2013 3:04:01 AM
can anyone explain to me how guard break works?
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#5xero15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:24:07 AM
Watch the video I explained how they work. As for the pushblocking, I can't properly tell you how to react to something. The only ones I showed that were inescapable were the class one breaks. The other ones were simply setups to get the point across to people so they can find more as I stay busy. If I were to go into more detail about each and every timing the video would go on too long. The point was to show that these work cleanly. Everything else from there is up to the players. I can't babysit everything I do.
#6Alom_o_molaPosted 2/12/2013 3:31:32 AM
ooh, i thought it's just like new tech, not an explanation vid
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#7FirsnachiePosted 2/12/2013 10:12:38 AM
So If Im understanding this right.

If I have Frank on point and I have jam session i can use call jam session making them block and then do his anti air command grab super and it will catch them?
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#8GOLD_sonicPosted 2/12/2013 10:23:21 AM
Pretty good video but... Machinima? Good luck in a year or so, lol.
---
I'm a Brony AND a Sonic the Hedgehog fan!?
Man, I must be the worst person of all time!
#9ProzacIsBackPosted 2/12/2013 12:24:56 PM
You need to learn how to test your setups.

I was polite the first time around, when mythbusting this nonsense, but now it's just obnoxious.

These are escapable. Period. Any setup not using Ultimate Web Throw is TERRIBLE, because FFC and Taking out the Trash are awful in comparison to UWT and UWT setups are escapable as it is.

Yes, even if you "react" to their XF, with your not-instant UWT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIwmgKuC9w

Useful(with spiderman), but escapable. With anyone else it's just a bad gimmick.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#10ProzacIsBackPosted 2/12/2013 12:30:44 PM
Firsnachie posted...
So If Im understanding this right.

If I have Frank on point and I have jam session i can use call jam session making them block and then do his anti air command grab super and it will catch them?

This is incorrect.

If you have L3+ Frank on point, and call jam session on incoming, and they pushblock the last hit, you can hit them with FFC as they fall. You'll have to time it right, because FFC is awful @ jump-in height and they'll be wanting to doublejump / airdash away.

If you have L3+ Frank on point, and you take a picture on incoming, you can almost 50/50 them. You can time the FFC early, which will catch them if they don't pushblock but wiff if they do, or you can time it late, which will catch them if they DO pushblock but wiff if they don't. Both times you'll likely be able to react to them taking the snapshot hit, and DHC into a second hyper for the confirm. However, both of those setups are easily trumped by XFC.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.