Guard Breaks Revisited

#11xero15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:38:32 AM
Jam session has too much block stun to begin with hence why its not the Dante setup shown. Prozac I saw your video and you're right web throw is the best of the three. Unfortunately though you did all the setups wrong which I'm not sure how you didn't notice that when watching it compared to when you did it right. I was pretty thorough in my testings well before you released your video. The ones that are escapable, the other two classes, are still just as viable. Not to the same extent as the first class but definitely not to the point of being useless.

As for being nice I care much less about that as opposed to you saying what you will upfront. You should know that by now we went through this same stuff in bleachds.
#12ProzacStylingsPosted 2/13/2013 1:45:28 AM(edited)
xero15 posted...
Jam session has too much block stun to begin with hence why its not the Dante setup shown. Prozac I saw your video and you're right web throw is the best of the three. Unfortunately though you did all the setups wrong which I'm not sure how you didn't notice that when watching it compared to when you did it right. I was pretty thorough in my testings well before you released your video. The ones that are escapable, the other two classes, are still just as viable. Not to the same extent as the first class but definitely not to the point of being useless.

As for being nice I care much less about that as opposed to you saying what you will upfront. You should know that by now we went through this same stuff in bleachds.

I don't remember you at all from BoF.

But if you put up escapable setups there and called them inescapable I probably would have corrected you then as well.

The mythbuster video about your escapable setups is very clear.

1) You have to do the Tempest late, or they can pushblock after it and screw your timing, to which you cannot react.

2) If you do the tempest late, it can be avoided via XF, because the tempest hyperflash hasn't even come out yet when they XF the hypergrav hit, meaning you have to wait for that hyperfreeze, and then the UWT hyperfreeze, which is enough time for an airdash or double jump to get them out of it.

Again. You should learn how to test your crap before putting it online. Even mentioning FFC or TotT setups is terrible.

The way you do this is by recording the setup, and then having P2 do it via playback while you go through all the options of attempting to escape it, thoroughly.

If you did that and still think that setup is unescapable, than you should probably get someone else to test it for you. Someone who knows what they're doing.

/dat honesty
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#13xero15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:15:14 AM
ProzacStylings posted...
xero15 posted...

But if you put up escapable setups there and called them inescapable I probably would have corrected you then as well.

1) You have to do the Tempest late, or they can pushblock after it and screw your timing, to which you cannot react.

2) If you do the tempest late, it can be avoided via XF, because the tempest hyperflash hasn't even come out yet when they XF the hypergrav hit, meaning you have to wait for that hyperfreeze, and then the UWT hyperfreeze, which is enough time for an airdash or double jump to get them out of it.

Again. You should learn how to test your crap before putting it online. Even mentioning FFC or TotT setups is terrible.

The way you do this is by recording the setup, and then having P2 do it via playback while you go through all the options of attempting to escape it, thoroughly.

If you did that and still think that setup is unescapable, than you should probably get someone else to test it for you. Someone who knows what they're doing.

/dat honesty

I tested all that out the same way you did. The conclusion is the same.
#14ProzacStylingsPosted 2/13/2013 2:17:17 AM
xero15 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
xero15 posted...

/dat honesty

I tested all that out the same way you did. The conclusion is the same.

Then you tested it badly, as my video clearly demonstrates.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#15Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 2/13/2013 6:46:43 AM
God Prozac, quit nerd raging.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#16ProzacStylingsPosted 2/13/2013 2:19:41 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
God Prozac, quit nerd raging.

There is no rage, sir.

I am calm like water, cooking these noodles of truth.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#17xero15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 11:30:01 PM
You tested it wrong as I already said. You used one timing as a recorded standard and then tried your escapes. That's not thoroughly testing it.
#18ProzacStylingsPosted 2/14/2013 9:46:15 PM(edited)
xero15 posted...
You tested it wrong as I already said. You used one timing as a recorded standard and then tried your escapes. That's not thoroughly testing it.

I used many timings as a recorded standard, and found escapes for every single one of them.

That IS thoroughly testing it.

You cannot do two different timings at once. No matter which timing you use, there is an escape option.

The idea you seem to have of "Well if they do that then I could have done this differently and it would have caught them even if them doing something differently beats THAT" means it's inescapable is laughable.

If you do an early timing, they can ruin your setup by pushblocking, in a fashion that you cannot react to.

If you do a late timing, they can ruin your setup by XFCing, in a fashion that you cannot do anything to counter.

You cannot know which they are going to try to do, so you cannot pick the right option all the time.

It is escapable. Period.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#19isirhciPosted 2/15/2013 2:43:17 AM
ITT: Someone over dosing on their antidepressant medication.
---
UMVC3 Dante - Basic Solo Combo Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNi_FG00MBw
#20ProzacStylingsPosted 2/15/2013 10:19:55 AM
isirhci posted...
ITT: Someone over dosing on their antidepressant medication.

Itt, another whiny scrub that makes bad videos I correct.

/oh happy day
---
Quoth the server, "404"