Guard Breaks Revisited

#21Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 2/17/2013 5:46:19 AM
I've heard of Xero, never heard of Prozac. Sounds like he's just mad.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#22ProzacStylingsPosted 2/17/2013 5:49:52 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
I've heard of Xero, never heard of Prozac. Sounds like he's just mad.

Why would I need to be mad?

I posted a video displaying and explaining why this tech doesn't work.

You're welcome.

/thread
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#23Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 2/17/2013 7:12:07 AM
Damien Sandow'd
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#24SGleader1Posted 2/17/2013 8:36:46 AM
ProzacIsBack posted...
You need to learn how to test your setups.

I was polite the first time around, when mythbusting this nonsense, but now it's just obnoxious.

These are escapable. Period. Any setup not using Ultimate Web Throw is TERRIBLE, because FFC and Taking out the Trash are awful in comparison to UWT and UWT setups are escapable as it is.

Yes, even if you "react" to their XF, with your not-instant UWT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIwmgKuC9w

Useful(with spiderman), but escapable. With anyone else it's just a bad gimmick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUGRVCihrI&list=FLiFqUpirc9aB0LT2ICMa3vw&index=6

Any set up not using ultimate web throw is terrible.

^ This is probably the most ignorant thing I've ever seen you write. I legitimately got a laugh out of how close minded the statement is.

I dare you to say that the link I posted is a bunch of bad gimmicks even though it contains legit guard break concepts with option selects, mixups, and hit confirms.
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.
#25isirhciPosted 2/17/2013 8:51:53 AM(edited)
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

I was polite the first time around, when mythbusting this nonsense, but now it's just obnoxious.

These are escapable. Period. Any setup not using Ultimate Web Throw is TERRIBLE, because FFC and Taking out the Trash are awful in comparison to UWT and UWT setups are escapable as it is.

Useful(with spiderman), but escapable. With anyone else it's just a bad gimmick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUGRVCihrI&list=FLiFqUpirc9aB0LT2ICMa3vw&index=6

^ This is probably the most ignorant thing I've ever seen you write. I legitimately got a laugh out of how close minded the statement is.

I dare you to say that the link I posted is a bunch of bad gimmicks even though it contains legit guard break concepts with option selects, mixups, and hit confirms.

Agreed with your post.
People [mostly newer generation of players] doesnt know or understand the true meaning of guard break. They misinterpret it from 'inescapable setups'.

If "advancing guard" [push block] and grab tech becomes obsolete, then its a guard break.

Btw that video can be done solo. That video also shows all options if and when one does not push block.
Video shows:
1. Push block guard break
2. No push block, grab tech punish
3. No push block, left right high low mixup
---
UMVC3 Dante - Basic Solo Combo Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNi_FG00MBw
#26ProzacIsBackPosted 2/17/2013 1:26:51 PM(edited)
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

? That video/link has nothing to do with this thread or my comment.

Perhaps you thought I meant "Any set up anywhere for anything not using UWT is terrible so stop trying to Doom/Ammy THC and pick spiderman", but lolno.

It was in reference to the OP Video. The "guard break" technology that uses AA Throw Hypers; Any such setup not using UWT is terrible. AKA, any setup using FFC or Taking out the Trash is terrible.

Magneto + Drones lockdown on incoming is not new or relevant or a "gimmick", everyone already knows it's strong. Being able to throw opponents if they pushblock is not new. Even if the "look the AI is on Always Tech so that means humans can't tech even though the AI in every capcom game is notorious for being idiotic lol walkforward sonic boom/uncombo combo counter glitch". That video lets the opponent block, not pushblock, block the mixup, and survive. It is not a guard break, and it is not relevant to this thread.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#27TheMoralessStarPosted 2/17/2013 1:39:49 PM
Its funny, because people still think that these training mode untechable grabs are actually untechable by humans. Its a CPU glitch. Unless you grab them on the same frame that your assist makes contact with them, its always going to be techable. Stop spreading misinformation pls, kthx.
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#28isirhciPosted 2/17/2013 2:35:09 PM(edited)
TheMoralessStar posted...
Its funny, because people still think that these training mode untechable grabs are actually untechable by humans. Its a CPU glitch. Unless you grab them on the same frame that your assist makes contact with them, its always going to be techable. Stop spreading misinformation pls, kthx.

Its funny because I've performed assist-less guard breaks at a tournament after they push blocked and they tried teching.

Not to mention Fanatiq [w/ sent and storm], Champ/Marlinpie [w/ Doom], Jwong [w/ storm] does it all the time.
---
UMVC3 Dante - Basic Solo Combo Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNi_FG00MBw
#29TheMoralessStarPosted 2/17/2013 2:56:52 PM
isirhci posted...

Its funny because I've performed assist-less guard breaks at a tournament after they push blocked and they tried teching.

Not to mention Fanatiq [w/ sent and storm], Champ/Marlinpie [w/ Doom], Jwong [w/ storm] does it all the time.

They are all techable. Fanatiq's Storm/Drones setup and Marlin's Doom/Cold Star setup can be legitimately untechable when done properly, as stated above, but anything assist-less is techable. Straight up.

Its easy to mistime your tech after a pushblock, especially since people just mash grab as soon as they leave blockstun. I can just delay my grab attempt and throw out of of startup.
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#30ProzacIsBackPosted 2/17/2013 2:59:42 PM
isirhci posted...

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

The typical Pushblock -> Airthrow situation is difficult to avoid, even without "untechable" shenanigans. If the opponent tries to tech too soon, they get a jH, and if you're thrown while doing a normal you can't tech at all; the mixup becomes doing an immediate airthrow, or to wait just long enough for the startup frames of a wiff normal and do one.

While it's possible to watch for the offensive player to jump and try to perfectly time the tech, it's not easy, and even top players at tournaments get snagged by very standard, 100% techable Pushblock -> Airthrow setups due to this situation.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.