So I learned the hard way that Vergil dropping his s*** = dead Vergil

#1ZekiraPosted 2/12/2013 11:29:03 PM
I honestly don't get why SS loops are so easy to drop even after I've practiced them for so long.

His c.H is just really awkward. T_T
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#2KajinNinjaPosted 2/12/2013 11:35:26 PM
Amen I say to you... that cr.H is so important and for some reason, it just wont come out sometimes.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor> (Poison X Christie)
#3Killarock404Posted 2/13/2013 2:22:53 AM
different characters have different timings on the cr.H because of their hit box, and weight. Normal sized characters are a bit easy, but characters like zero, tron, etc are a bit difficult to judge
#4Zekira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 6:22:39 AM
KajinNinja posted...
Amen I say to you... that cr.H is so important and for some reason, it just wont come out sometimes.

It's not that it doesn't come out... it does not want to freaking hit sometimes. =_=
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#5Old_SodPosted 2/13/2013 6:40:26 AM
The delay for when after you perform one loop > reactivate SS > Lunar Phase > release sword > cr. H is weird for me too because it isn't as quick as S > H > release Sword > cr. H

You just gotta practice many different scenarios of going into SS loops and be aware of it as your perform it I suppose. I've naturally gotten a little better at it over time and am more conscious of when I should delay it a bit.

I actually SS looped a Thor to death online a few days ago after a Bionic Maneuvers DHC. I was pretty excited!
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#6Zekira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 6:43:00 AM
Actually for some reason the one I drop is AFTER JUDGEMENT CUT and not the one after Round Trip lol
---
#7Killarock404Posted 2/13/2013 7:08:03 AM(edited)
Zekira posted...
Actually for some reason the one I drop is AFTER JUDGEMENT CUT and not the one after Round Trip lol

From this it sounds like a distance problem from when you throw the round trip. If you are too close, your cr.H wont connect after you throw the round trip, and if you are too far you probably wont have enough time for the cr.H to connect or if the cr.H does connect, they will end up being out of range of SS when you activate it.

There is a sweet spot you have to be in for your loops to go perfectly, again, you will have to adjust your timing on the first cr.H when SS is activated and the judgment cut after for some characters because of hitboxes and weights. Usually heavier and wider characters you have to delay the cr.H or Judgment Cut. Like everyone said though once you get the distances down, its all about practice, you will get it eventually.
#8Old_SodPosted 2/13/2013 7:12:26 AM
Zekira posted...

Something that has helped me is in basic Vergil combos is in places where a s. H could be performed, I use a cr. H instead.

For instance, instead of doing this combo:

LMH > Stinger > Rising Sun > H Cancel > sj MHS > H > Stinger > HS > a.H > Helm Breaker > High Time > Dimension Slash

I would do:

LMH > Stinger > Rising Sun > H Cancel > sj MHS > cr. H > Stinger > cr.H > S > a.H > Helm Breaker > High Time > Dimension Slash

That helped me learn the timing of cr. H and how to use it properly...and since the hit stun on that move is so much better than s. H...it makes more sense to use it many cases, honestly.

What team are you using, anyways? Vergil / Strider / Ammy or something?
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#9FabuIousPosted 2/13/2013 10:08:50 AM
The timing is different depending on how theyre juggling on ur swords after the lunar phase. You can usually tell how fast/slow theyre going to be falling if u condition urself to look for it. Just keep at it
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#10KajinNinjaPosted 2/13/2013 10:30:08 AM
Ooooh the H after the L Judgment Cuts... I stopped doing those for my sanity and just go into SS after Judgement Cut connects.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor> (Poison X Christie)