What are point Zero's bad matchups?

#21BlackViper415Posted 2/15/2013 8:11:38 PM
koga_wolf_demon posted...
supersmashbrosf posted...
Majors.

This.

But honestly(and I'm probably in the minority here) I don't think Zero has any bad matchups(at least like Hulk vs Hawkeye or Doom bad).

Hulk versus Nemesis is pretty hilarious too.
#22MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/15/2013 11:43:37 PM
StrykeBlayde posted...
Hsien-ko

MAYBE a good one, but every Hsien-Ko is just basic crap that I've come across.

But zero's normals > her normals

He's got a teleport, he's got much more options then she does. Hsien-Ko does not beat Zero Imo.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#23StrykeBlaydePosted 2/16/2013 12:04:51 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
MAYBE a good one, but every Hsien-Ko is just basic crap that I've come across.

But zero's normals > her normals

He's got a teleport, he's got much more options then she does. Hsien-Ko does not beat Zero Imo.

Well I was just saying Hsien-ko because I was kinda surprised she hadn't been said yet.

However, I feel like this like.....her only match-up in the game where her mobility doesn't completely destroy her. Zero's a little bit of a pixie, and if he's at a distance and she had a gong up, the buster's probably coming right back at him. Not to mention, surprisingly enough, Hsien-ko's normals are actually kinda good due to being disjointed(most of them, anyways). Spaced right, she CAN out-poke Zero. The entire match-up basically revolves around him wanting to get in, but Hsien-ko kinda doesn't have to move around too much so she can just sit there and throw out AA normals and gongs.

That said, her actually having a positive match-up against Zero is kinda slim, but I feel she actually has a good chance.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Playing: DMC1-4, DmC, Bayonetta, UMvC3, JC2, Skyrim, etc.
#24ProzacStylingsPosted 2/16/2013 12:16:26 AM(edited)
BlackViper415 posted...
koga_wolf_demon posted...
supersmashbrosf posted...
Majors.

This.

But honestly(and I'm probably in the minority here) I don't think Zero has any bad matchups(at least like Hulk vs Hawkeye or Doom bad).

Hulk versus Nemesis is pretty hilarious too.

Nemesis is a much worse matchup for Hulk than Doom/Hawkeye. In fact, I dunno if Doom/Hawkeye would even make Hulk's Worst 5. He hates multi-hit footsies, like L4 Frank, Nemesis, Zero, Taskmaster, Ghost Rider, and X-23, more than he hates zoning. 1,200,000 health is enough to lose to zoning for a little while here and there.

/just sayin
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#25MalkyeaImbakPosted 2/16/2013 1:35:34 AM
ryu unless wake up shoryuken's we're nerfed
#26SlydeSlymPosted 2/16/2013 8:25:23 AM
With the right assists he doesn't have any bad matches except 1.
Magneto/Doom is hard if you play nothing but rushdown Zero and use jam session and vajra as your assists. If you just jump up and down, charge your buster and use your own missiles you're fine. You can win the zoning battle with level 3 buster plus your own missiles. You have to actually play patient though, no Zero besides Flocker actually does that well.
Conversely Hawkeye/any good control assist is hard if you use missiles and play a zoning strategy. But if you use jam session and vajra eventually you'll get in, eventually he'll have to block and eventually you'll get a mixup. Again you have to play patient and not beat yourself, something most Zeros can't do.
Zero's only true bad matchup that you can't fix with assists is Morridoom. Vajra helps a little but it isn't going to change anything. Once she gets started you lose.
#27king0091Posted 2/16/2013 10:57:47 AM
Strider assist
#28AegisIkanaPosted 2/17/2013 1:51:59 PM
Long standing active hitboxes IMO. Any hitbox that can stand in the way of his teleports.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Rethinking my playstyle in UMVC3.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.