Is this game worth getting if...

#1WebsandWigsPosted 2/14/2013 11:43:20 PM
I dont plan on playing competitivley and just wanna go up against my nooby friends? Or should we just stick to Smash Bros?
#2koga_wolf_demonPosted 2/14/2013 11:49:08 PM
Get it. At least you'll have friends that'll actually want to play you in this <_<
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
UMvC3: Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye. SFxT: LarsXJin, SakuraXAsuka. Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening(3DS)
#3Dragonboy86Posted 2/14/2013 11:50:05 PM
There isn't too much a point in getting this game if you aren't gonna be invested, but go ahead and buy it if you want. You may think otherwise later and want to actually be competitive.
---
UMVC3:still working on that SFxTK: Heihachi and Lili
A vicious member of the Brotherhood that wields the Fists of Fire.
#4WebsandWigs(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:37:11 AM
alright, yea, dont have the time or energy to get super invested in a fighting game guess ill pass, thanks guys
#5scaler24Posted 2/15/2013 8:17:06 AM
I say get it. If you at least do the missions, you'll be more than capable of going against your friends. That said, don't ever touch online.
---
Also known as Herr_Edgeworth
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Teams: http://www.tinyurl.com/zewram and http://tinyurl.com/dofrde
#6itzshowtime8Posted 2/15/2013 8:26:44 AM
Its a great game to play with friends, you don't need to worry about hopping online to play.
---
PSN: itzshowtime8
#7EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 2/15/2013 8:40:32 AM
Well its a fighting game.Theres no law saying you have to try and get good or dont play it at all I just question if you could resist the urge to play seriously after a while.I cant imagine the mentality that would never try and improve themselves in any way over a long period of time
---
The [OSMBV] Harbinger of Newbie Death and MODOK Avenger of GameFAQs
Reigning Sorcerer Supreme of the GameFAQs dimension
#8WebsandWigs(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:54:51 PM
EVIL CAP AMERICA posted...
Well its a fighting game.Theres no law saying you have to try and get good or dont play it at all I just question if you could resist the urge to play seriously after a while.I cant imagine the mentality that would never try and improve themselves in any way over a long period of time

Well not to sound smug about it, but I have a job and a social life outside of video games....I just want a game where I could get drunk/stoned with my buddies and have fun.
#9CamelJames28Posted 2/15/2013 7:57:28 PM
WebsandWigs posted...

Well not to sound smug about it, but I have a job and a social life outside of video games....I just want a game where I could get drunk/stoned with my buddies and have fun.

This game is perfect for that. I've amazed my friends with this game while we were in questionable states of mind.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WX6rS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TUTdw.gif
#10Strider HienPosted 2/15/2013 8:02:03 PM

Man,I don't know how you guys can do it.I once started playing a few online rounds after hanging out....After 3 matches,I had to turn it off.

It was too much for me.My coordination wasn't there....
---
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER