Attn: Prozac

#51PoltergustPosted 2/16/2013 11:13:33 PM
Online play is fine up to a certain point, such as learning game mechanics and match-ups. After that, you won't be gaining anything by playing online, especially in a game as laggy as this. Offline play is the only way to go if you want to get better.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#521TruKingPosted 2/17/2013 3:40:13 AM
Cymerian posted...
Are you guys...actually acting like online matters?

As painful as this is to say online actually matters now. Jason Cole started up a league and he will be expanding it to other markets after this initial test season is done. $2000 prize and the league is played online. The catch is the finals are played offline. 5 v 5 sets are 2 out of 3. top 2 teams in points at the end of the season go on to the grand finals played offline and winner take all. Teams are city based similiar to sports teams and goal is to attract sponsors which one team has managed already.

So now being an online warrior is relevant.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#53RagingRicansPosted 2/17/2013 4:16:24 AM
1TruKing posted...
Cymerian posted...

As painful as this is to say online actually matters now. Jason Cole started up a league and he will be expanding it to other markets after this initial test season is done. $2000 prize and the league is played online. The catch is the finals are played offline. 5 v 5 sets are 2 out of 3. top 2 teams in points at the end of the season go on to the grand finals played offline and winner take all. Teams are city based similiar to sports teams and goal is to attract sponsors which one team has managed already.

That actuall sounds interesting. Any information on it? I'm skeptical because the online experince can be frustrating due to peoples Mcdonalds Wi-fi
---
PSN: RagingRicans. "There is always a little truth behind every "Kappa" - Fictional Hispanic man.
#54Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/17/2013 5:36:21 AM
1TruKing posted...
Cymerian posted...

That sounds awesome actually!
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#55djprofessork1Posted 2/17/2013 6:20:50 AM
this game just has the sh*ttiest online of any fighting game ive played. theres soooo much input delay. which pisses me off cuz i really want to play this game more but the online is just too frustrating, especially in a game where dropping 1 combo can be the difference of winning or losing.

like in ggpo games i can play people from the UK or japan and its more playable than a green bar in mvc3.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#56LitchiFayeLingPosted 2/17/2013 6:54:44 AM
ITT: None of you scrubs want any of my super rusty Jill

Oh wait...

;.;

*Sinks back into obscurity*
---
GT: SpazKura Just a guy that likes girls
AE:Cam/Chun SFXT: Xaio/Chun, Poi/Lili, Ask/Lili SG: Bella LoL: Fiora/MF/Leona/Sona/Riven/Janna/Lulu IGN: GanguroKonata
#57CymerianPosted 2/17/2013 7:42:32 AM
ProzacIsBack posted...
Cymerian posted...
it renders the environment of online play as less meaningful.

Also, missed this the first time.

The fact that you're saying "less meaningful" now, when you started out saying "doesn't mean anything" / "meaningless", means you've apparently changed your tune, and now acknowledge that online play has meaning.

No one said online play is 100% as authentic and worthwhile as offline play; if Slyde lived next door to me, I would prefer to play him offline. But he doesn't, and I can't(or at least, it would be hugely inconvenient / impractical to).

If your first post had been

" ... are you guys actually implying online play means just as much as offline play?"

, you wouldn't have started an argument. It would have been baseless, considering nobody's implied that, but at least it would have been a fairly accurate form of trolling instead of blatant exaggeration.

The statement you DID make was silly.

The first statement I made is completely relevant. If you want to go down the route "Your first statement, in my hyperbolic opinion, implies that online is completely worthless" then you can keep playing this spin game. Verbatim, my statement is true. I didn't change a thing. Obviously online is useful for things not directly connected to mechanics, such as match up experience.

However, that's not what you guys are fussing about. You guys are calling each other out based on who is the better player. In order for that to be completely clear, you need an offline match. Latency, "goatlag," whatever you want to call it is fine, but if it can exist in the environment, my point still stands.
---
Fanboys: I want Tales of-
Excalibur: Fool! What right do you have to want a tales game? My legend dates back to the 12th century!
#58SlydeSlym(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:04:48 AM
Alright scrubzac tell me when you can play today.
#59Bigezzay08Posted 2/17/2013 10:12:12 AM
SlydeSlym posted...
Alright scrubzac tell me when you can play today.

Hey want to run a ft.10? I'm bored and want to get a few matches in before work.
---
GT: I AM ONSLAUGHT
#60Tron-BurgundyPosted 2/17/2013 10:15:38 AM
ProzacIsBack posted...

After getting bopped in a lobby w/ me and killarock.

I find it hard to believe that killarock bopped anyone.
---
NagiTsunami posted...
Tron was the best MGO1 player...