Mental stress is deterring my gameplay

#1ZekiraPosted 2/16/2013 10:47:49 PM
Some of you guys here already know my team, and how awfully mentally stressful it can be to use properly and be able to take out top teams.

After a few tournaments and long casual sessions, I've noticed a lot that after a few hours or so, my gameplay just starts to go downhill; I make the worst decisions ever, etc. And it's mainly because my brain is extremely fried by that point and I end up unintentionally showing why my characters are crap.

How do you guys deal with such? To be fair I also experience this weakness in some other video games (Pokemon and Pop'n Music in particular), but it's extremely noticeable here in Marvel since I turn from one of the best in my shop to being the worst player in the shop in just a short moment.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#2Zekira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:48:38 PM
I just realized I didn't title the topic properly. It's supposed to be "Mental exhaustion over playtime is deterring my gameplay"
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#3AegisIkanaPosted 2/16/2013 11:27:24 PM
Yeah, my Morrigan gameplay total derps out depending on how much my mind is in good health. I know that feel bro. :/
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Rethinking my playstyle in UMVC3.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.
#4Zekira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:02:34 AM
I just wish there was a way to completely remedy this, but alas fatigue is usually my problem when doing almost anything =_=;
---
#5KarsticlesPosted 2/17/2013 6:23:07 AM
I never really have this problem unless the opponent is boring me.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#6AegisIkanaPosted 2/17/2013 7:45:20 AM
Zekira posted...
I just wish there was a way to completely remedy this, but alas fatigue is usually my problem when doing almost anything =_=;

Work out. Eat healthy.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Rethinking my playstyle in UMVC3.
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.
#7JakeTheSn8kePosted 2/17/2013 10:22:32 AM
I usually take day long breaks from the game when that happens. I usually will think of ideas and solutions and my mistakes from my past games.

If I go back to playing, I stay in the lab for a cool minute. Those times when your getting mentally exhausted (and aggravated) just lead into more mistakes. Just walk away do something else IMO =\
---
R.I.P FFA
#8Zekira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:11:54 PM
Just walk away do something else IMO =\

Yeah I do that too, but during tourneys and stuff like that sometimes the matches just come too quickly and stuff.

Right now what I do to somehow reduce it is by bringing along around 4 bottles of 1.5L water with me, and some candy.
---
#9Zekira(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:12:53 PM
AegisIkana posted...
Zekira posted...

Work out. Eat healthy.

No duh lol I've been working out recently actually.
---
#10KawasakininPosted 2/17/2013 9:06:26 PM
take a break before each opponent and take a break every round even if you feel fine just to delay the fatigue
---
CanJS PK psn: kawasakinin http://www.youtube.com/user/kawasakinin
Taskmaster Dante Deadpool http://www.twitch.tv/kawasakinin