Maybe a dumb question, but has there been any talk about a new MVC?

#1iori_iezziPosted 2/17/2013 9:42:32 AM
Or more characters?

I haven't been on this board since this game came out
#2reyray0709Posted 2/17/2013 9:45:28 AM
There was crazy levels of hype last month about a possible return.

Right now, were just enjoying what we have.
---
Umvc3 Teams: Zero, Vergil, Wesker - Nova, RR, Strider - Hawkeye, Morrigan, Doom - 3rd strike: Yun & Yang
PSN and GT: reyray0709.
#3FoolMeNeverPosted 2/17/2013 9:59:36 AM
Nope. Pro-tip though, ignore sadiq. He was screaming last year about how Capcom was going to release another version in June of 2012, now he's saying they'll release another version this summer, despite their being no evidence of it.
#4dotsdfePosted 2/17/2013 10:05:04 AM
Pretty much nothing other than a stray rumor here and there that leads to nothing.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#5djprofessork1Posted 2/17/2013 10:06:53 AM
tldr version:

-marvel are dicks and they wont allow anything unless it helps them promote one of their new movies or something.

-capcom are dicks and would rather keep trying to stuff SFxT down our throats because it has a ton of DLC available.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#6NoizyChildPosted 2/17/2013 10:10:23 AM
Nope. Pro-tip though, ignore sadiq. He was screaming last year about how Capcom was going to release another version in June of 2012, now he's saying they'll release another version this summer, despite their being no evidence of it.

Jesus Christ, all of this.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#7FoolMeNeverPosted 2/17/2013 10:11:41 AM
djprofessork1 posted...
tldr version:

-marvel are dicks and they wont allow anything unless it helps them promote one of their new movies or something.

-capcom are dicks and would rather keep trying to stuff SFxT down our throats because it has a ton of DLC available.

Y'know what though? Even if Capcom did make another version to please the fans, the people who just play it casually, and the people who just look for any reason to hate capcom, would ***** and whine about how capcom's milking the fans.
#8djprofessork1Posted 2/17/2013 10:14:02 AM
FoolMeNever posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
tldr version:

Y'know what though? Even if Capcom did make another version to please the fans, the people who just play it casually, and the people who just look for any reason to hate capcom, would ***** and whine about how capcom's milking the fans.

yeah that's true, i can already imagine the Angry Joe video lol.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#9iori_iezzi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:32:06 AM
Wow, thanks for all the answers guys.

Yeah, I'm a casual player, but I read comics a lot. Every time I read a Marvel book, I can't help but wish a few more characters were in

I just read
Carnage: family feud & U.S.A.. So I can't help but want him and/or Venom in ( Any version would be fine)

Green Goblin would be cool

Gambit(Probably my favorite in MVC2) , Thanos, Apocalypse

Just a few off my head
#10Neoxon215Posted 2/17/2013 11:12:39 AM(edited)
As of right now, no. But due to a Twitter campaign a month ago, Marvel is now well-aware of the demand for more UMvC3 (just asked Chris Baker about the frequency of UMvC3 tweets as of recently; he said it went down a lot, but he still gets some tweets). The ball, for the most part, is in Capcom's court, now, & the guys in Japan don't seem that interested. Granted, Capcom USA is also aware of the demand, but Niitsuma (MvC3/UMvC3's director) spoke of licensing issues with Marvel (no doubt due to the Deadpool & Lego Marvel games coming up this summer & this fall respectively).
---
Main UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Nova, Nova/Wright/Strange
PSN: NM248