Zero's Favorite Assists besides Jam Session?

#31SGleader1Posted 2/18/2013 8:48:17 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
AegisIkana posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
Depends how you play. Jam session and vajra are the best if you're aggressive. Missiles, rapid slash and arrows are the best if you like to lame it out and try to hit with random lightning or punish mistakes with buster.
Dark hole, shopping cart and weasel shot are better than people think for lockdown potential. I have a million dark hole setups that I never use in real matches because I play pure lame with Zero now.

So it's okay to play lame Zero? :D

I hope you're joking.

It's his best way to be played.

No it's not ;-;

The best way to play him is to balance lame and rush down as necessary
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.
#32MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/18/2013 10:48:07 AM
KNITEMAREX posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Hence, Vajra is bad for Zero.

In terms of aiding his neutral, Rapid Slash doesn't even come close to being as useful as Vajra

Not the way I use Zero.

Vajra is a strictly offensive tool while I play Zero defensively. Maybe that's what I could never use it effectively.

ZTS, I just don't see it.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#33MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/18/2013 10:49:12 AM
SGleader1 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
AegisIkana posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
Depends how you play. Jam session and vajra are the best if you're aggressive. Missiles, rapid slash and arrows are the best if you like to lame it out and try to hit with random lightning or punish mistakes with buster.
Dark hole, shopping cart and weasel shot are better than people think for lockdown potential. I have a million dark hole setups that I never use in real matches because I play pure lame with Zero now.

So it's okay to play lame Zero? :D

I hope you're joking.

It's his best way to be played.

No it's not ;-;

The best way to play him is to balance lame and rush down as necessary

This is true I apologize.

However, zoning with Zero is very important. I say slightly moreso then Rushdown.

Zero/Doom rivals Morridoom when played correctly ;> partially why I'm thinking of dropping taskmaster for Doom.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#34Old_SodPosted 2/18/2013 11:10:43 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Zero/Doom rivals Morridoom when played correctly ;> partially why I'm thinking of dropping taskmaster for Doom.

That is the smartest thing I've ever seen you type.

Seriously though, having two different ways to one touch kill...1 without risk and using meter, the other not using any meter, but risking TAC break is pretty strong. Imagine with your first hit getting into a TAC infinite where you get 5 bars for Zero and Vergil to use. 0_o

I have a buddy who plays this team and does very well with it. Back when he was in his prime, it was very frustrating fighting that team.
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#35LucavexPosted 2/18/2013 11:15:52 AM
thedarksun posted...
Vajra, Missiles, Plasma Beam and Drones are your best bet, although any "get in assist" would also help him.

This is pretty much true for every character in the game.
---
tibbles is amazing in bed
Who LUE''s the Lucavex?
#36thedarksunPosted 2/18/2013 1:30:28 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
thedarksun posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
thedarksun posted...
AegisIkana posted...
Why Vajra?

It's an anti-air and offensive assist, it keeps the opponent pinned down and allows you to go for mix ups. It works essentially the same way as Dante's Jam Session, except it's used more offensively than defensively.

You should check out videos of Marn and Richard Nguyen to get an idea of how to use the assist.

I think Vajra is booty for zero honestly.

And I personally think that Vergil Rapid Slash is booty for Zero outside of combo extension.

Vajra gives you a small amount of time to convert off of. You have to be close/use teleports (which you can be grabbed out of, btw) to mix them up. This is the main way to convert off of a Vajra hit.

There are three true Anti Air assists in this game: Hidden Missiles, Jam Session, and Vajra.

Compared to the other two, Vajra is EASILY the worst by a very wide margin. Hence, Vajra is bad for Zero.

Rapid Slash on the other hand allows for a couple of unique things:

Allows for an easy corner carry, allows you to end block strings to force them into the corner with it. The most deadly place for zero to be is the corner. Not to mention all the extra damage you get by extending your combo with it.

In short, Rapid Slash>Vajra. Although they have different uses. There are better options then Vajra for an AA assist, there isn't another assist like Rapid Slash out there.

If that's how you feel then alright. I'm not going to tell you what kind of opinion you should have.
#37OMEGA RUGALPosted 2/18/2013 1:55:44 PM
A few ZMC players have started to switch to Zero, Dante, Strider for one main reason.

And that reason is because Dante and Strider is an amazing shell in case Zero dies.

Dante and Vergil ... not so much.

And that is the main problem with Zero May Cry teams ... if Zero dies ... Dante is either gonna come in second without a great assist or you can leave Dante last but if Vergil dies ... Dante is not the best at level 3 comebacks alone.

Strider also still gives the player that scary level 3 XFactor comeback potential that Vergil provides so that is almost a wash regardless which you think is the better anchor. They are both near or at the top.

Overall ... Zero, Dante, Strider seems like a better team thanks to better synergy between your second (Dante) and your anchor (Strider). The buff Dante receives from Strider is HUGE to the team while everything else remains about the same.

As for which assist helps Zero more ... Rapid Slash or Vajra.. I would think Vajra is better for Zero as well to force people to stay on the ground against him and still works great for combo extensions.

The real only concern I think for the team is that Strider takes more skills to master than Vergil ... but if you can master Dante ... I think you can handle Strider.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#38MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/18/2013 4:58:16 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
A few ZMC players have started to switch to Zero, Dante, Strider for one main reason.

And that reason is because Dante and Strider is an amazing shell in case Zero dies.

And that is the main problem with Zero May Cry teams ... if Zero dies ... Dante is either gonna come in second without a great assist or you can leave Dante last but if Vergil dies ... Dante is not the best at level 3 comebacks alone.

Strider also still gives the player that scary level 3 XFactor comeback potential that Vergil provides so that is almost a wash regardless which you think is the better anchor. They are both near or at the top.

Overall ... Zero, Dante, Strider seems like a better team thanks to better synergy between your second (Dante) and your anchor (Strider). The buff Dante receives from Strider is HUGE to the team while everything else remains about the same.

As for which assist helps Zero more ... Rapid Slash or Vajra.. I would think Vajra is better for Zero as well to force people to stay on the ground against him and still works great for combo extensions.

The real only concern I think for the team is that Strider takes more skills to master than Vergil ... but if you can master Dante ... I think you can handle Strider.

Dante/Vergil have a couple of added bonuses:

For a weaker neutral game, you get a ToD DHC, you get the best anchor in the game (let's be real here, Strider is a very overrated and mediocre anchor. Without 3 bars and XF he is useless), and you get a decent character to switch to in times of peril. Strider is strictly and XF3/oro character, and he's bad.

Zero/Dante/Strider has 2 AA assists... why? I get that Strider is probably Dante's best assist, but Zero already has his best assist, so why give him a weaker version of it? Is there anything Vajra does better then Jam Session? I don't think so.

It may be a bit more tailored to Dante, but I think it's a weaker team overall.

I really think people underrate Rapid Slash although I guess it's a personal preference. Ending a blockstring with Rapid Slash gives you a great amount of space to work with to start zoning with Zero or forcing them into a corner which is the best place for the Zero player to be in. Also, with Dante Rapid Slash can force ambiguous crossups and provides a combo extender. It's a no brainer though that Vajra benefits him more though, but the DHC is utter **** and Dante does no damage as it is.
---
#39Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/18/2013 5:48:31 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

Those people are dumb, dropping Vergil for anyone. His assist value is irrelevant, he's so overpowered that you can let your first two characters die and its still a massive uphill battle to kill Vergil
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#40OMEGA RUGALPosted 2/18/2013 6:51:02 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...

I really think people underrate Rapid Slash although I guess it's a personal preference. Ending a blockstring with Rapid Slash gives you a great amount of space to work with to start zoning with Zero or forcing them into a corner which is the best place for the Zero player to be in. Also, with Dante Rapid Slash can force ambiguous crossups and provides a combo extender. It's a no brainer though that Vajra benefits him more though, but the DHC is utter **** and Dante does no damage as it is.

Well let's compare.

Zero with Jam Session and Rapid Slash vs Zero with Jam Session and Vajra.

Zero with Jam Session and Vajra wins because Zero having not one but TWO assist is extremely helpful. You can't spam Jam Session like you can Vajra. Their will be situations where Vajra will be useful where Jam Session is not ... also you can call one assist after the other faster if you are alternating assist. There is a longer delay for you to use the same assist again.

Slight improvement on zoning, lockdown, handles at distances better.

Second spot
Dante with Varja vs Dante with Rapid Slash

Easily the biggest improvement in the team. Dante with rapid slash makes Dante a non factor in tournament play. Every Zero May Cry player is known for the terrible Dante but that is mainly because Dante has no assist to help his game unlike a Yipes or David F who show how good Dante still is IF he has an assist to actually help him out.

HUGE improvement makes Dante a real threat with mix ups, zoning, setups and more. Take away some damage lost from the lack of Vergil DHCs which is a risk of getting your Vergil killed and leaving you with Dante anchor btw by bringing him in.

Anchor spot.

Anchor Vergil is INSANE ... there is no denying that. but the next best thing is Strider anchor (IN THE RIGHT HANDS). He is not as simple as some people try to use him but when used right like Clockwork or Drew Grimey ... he is cheap as hell too. Dante being so great at meter building should have you with 3 bars if you choose to use it.

Overall ... a slight drop in Anchor as Vergil definitely is better without Xfactor due to damage and can stop opponents Xfactor easier with swords but after Vergil ... Strider is up there for best anchor in the game so overall this is not a big drop unless you just suck with Strider.

In conclusion ... as great as Vergil is as anchor ... to win consistently ... you need to plan on winning matches before you get to your last character and Vajra will help Zero a little and Dante a ton in winning matches before you have to rely on your anchor.

And if you have to rely on your anchor ... Strider is more than good enough to win a lot of matches for you too.

So far ... Zero May Cry hasn't even performed that good at majors overall. The best Zero player doesn't even use Dante on his team ... he uses Hawkeye. I really don't think Dante and Vergil have good chemistry other than ToD combos and that is one of the biggest reasons ZMC teams have not dominated even though they have two of the top 5 characters in that team. What good is a ToD combo if you can't land a hit?

Either put a team that helps Dante and Zero ... or take Dante out for someone else because he is a wasted spot on that team. Team synergy is too important.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch