Ryu tech with Missiles assist

#1MasterD3dPosted 2/18/2013 1:14:50 AM
Besides the universal advantages that all characters get from Missiles, which combos or strategies should I be using with Ryu when I have Doom also? I'm currently transitioning from Sent to Doom anchor.
---
PSN: DeathlyRed
Twitter: @Firaga87
#2ProzacIsBackPosted 2/18/2013 1:22:14 AM
Time it for double shinkuu hadouken, in combos, obv.

Use it to cover otherwise random/assist-punish shinkuus.

Use it to break opponent's combos when thoh wait nevermind it does that all by itself

/MVGame
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#3itsdilliPosted 2/18/2013 2:10:06 AM
there is some pretty nasty stuff in the corner with missiles and tking tatsu's i will put up a video showing you some stuff but its hard to pull off
#4MavisBeaconDTFPosted 2/18/2013 2:23:00 AM
woah lets get on that tech in the lab so we can body all the salty fraud scrubs #YOLO
---
http://i.imgur.com/gvpwv.jpg
#5itsdilliPosted 2/18/2013 2:36:52 AM
so this is the notation of the combo that i am doing (will NEVER pull this off online) and i havent tested it on all characters (just normal sized)
corner only ofc
A1 can be wesker gun shot, arthur dagger, taskmaster arrows (haven't tried all yet)
A2 hidden missiles

s.M s.H f.H qcf.L+A1 s.M s.H f.H dpb.H (donkey kick, wait until they are just about you) s.M s.H f.H qcb.L (juggles) s.M+A1 s.S (super jump) j.M j.M j.H j.S (land) tk qcb.L (L Tatsu) (missiles hit during) tk qcb.H (land) s.S (super jump) j.H j.S qcf+2atk
does 882k

its easier to explain with a video sorry ha haaa
#6itsdilliPosted 2/18/2013 3:02:25 AM
anyway, all of the tatsu's do a soft knockdown (meaning they won't roll out until they touch the ground) this tech applies to the H Tatsu mostly but if you do it normally on the ground, you can't combo after (unless super) if you TK it however with an otg assist (missiles in this case) right after the animation, you will fall the the ground before the opponent does and it cancels (don't know the right word) the recovery frames, leaving you free to launch the opponent after and follow up

im sorry if i don't make sense, gotta learn this theory stuff
#7OMEGA RUGALPosted 2/18/2013 9:45:10 AM
I think Ryu would benefit a LOT more from beam assist than Missiles.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#8itsdilliPosted 2/18/2013 11:23:29 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
I think Ryu would benefit a LOT more from beam assist than Missiles.

always depending on matchup, i switch between the two
usually i do wesker/doom/ryu with beam or ryu/doom/wesker with missiles (occasionally beam but when i want that i use wesker on point)
#9MasterD3d(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:55:32 AM
I also play Morrigan which is the main reason I'm switching to Doom so I need missiles. My point choices are Wolverine and Ryu and a Wesker currently in training. Wolverine is a great point, obviously but I also enjoy playing with Ryu but found that Drones benefit him a lot more than missiles, but I'm getting there!
---
PSN: DeathlyRed
Twitter: @Firaga87
#10I_liek_mudkiepsPosted 2/19/2013 10:41:48 AM
MavisBeaconDTF posted...
Taskmaster video #YOLO