Rushing down is the only way to be in this game.

#1rossguy123Posted 2/19/2013 6:01:17 PM
SO I wanted to see what it was like rushing down and going all out. For the whole week, I was winning a lot of more battles than when I played more calm and passive. Even the characters I had difficulties with were having a hard time with me (like Nova and Vergil). I was even beating High lords etc.

Most of the time I was using, Shuma, Raccoon, and Iron Man.
I guess the game plans for me now is to get the hit before they have the chance to plan,.. and to win before they kill off Shuma, and Raccoon. ( because of anchor Iron Man with the godlike assist :( )

I'll try this out for another week with my other team to see how I like it with them. In the mean time I need practice with Doom and Ammy as anchor, because I still suck with them. ( Trying to replace Iron Man lol)
---
Shuma, Raccoon, Iron Man/ MODOK, Shuma, Doom/ Shuma, Task, Strider
#2Noonan_257Posted 2/19/2013 6:11:01 PM
Rushdown is not the only way to win this game, but it's definitely a more straightforward tactic. Chris G's dominant MorriDoom seems to be proof that zoning/keepaway can at least be viable.
---
PSN: RedDoomYak
The onus of proof is on the accuser, not the one questioning the claims.
#3solidoutlawPosted 2/19/2013 6:17:52 PM
Noonan_257 posted...
Rushdown is not the only way to win this game, but it's definitely a more straightforward tactic. Chris G's dominant MorriDoom seems to be proof that zoning/keepaway can at least be viable.

Morridoom is the only viable keepaway tactic in the game. Other than that, rushdown rules the game.
---
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#4rossguy123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:21:48 PM
Well I mean with the characters I use, especially Shuma.
It just seems to me that rush down keeps the opponent guessing and moving. Shuma's different versions of mystic smash throws the opponent off and they don't know what to do if I keep throwing those out there with a projectile assist to back me up.
---
Shuma, Raccoon, Iron Man/ MODOK, Shuma, Doom/ Shuma, Task, Strider
#5SlydeSlymPosted 2/19/2013 6:23:47 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
Noonan_257 posted...

Morridoom is the only viable keepaway tactic in the game. Other than that, rushdown rules the game.

Dieminion and Ageojoe's Viewtiful Joe.
Filipino Champ's Dormammu
#6AegisIkanaPosted 2/19/2013 6:28:30 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
Noonan_257 posted...

Was Kusoru's Joe really that lame?
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Lame Enthusiast
"Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" -Kromagnum
#7solidoutlawPosted 2/19/2013 6:42:23 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
Noonan_257 posted...

FC doesn't do 100% keepaway with doom, he rushes them down until he can do a chip setup, and when they get out of that, he goes back to rushing.

And VJ's stuff hasn't won him anything.
---
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#8KajinNinjaPosted 2/19/2013 6:45:25 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
Noonan_257 posted...

FC doesn't do 100% keepaway with doom, he rushes them down until he can do a chip setup, and when they get out of that, he goes back to rushing.

Final Round...

But yeah that was awhile back, kinda like how people forget Viper won Shadoloo Showdown.

I dont like to think that RTSD is the only way to play the game... sure its an efficient way to do it but I prefer my lame style above all else.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor> (Poison X Christie)
#9AegisIkanaPosted 2/19/2013 6:53:56 PM
KajinNinja posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
Noonan_257 posted...

Final Round...

But yeah that was awhile back, kinda like how people forget Viper won Shadoloo Showdown.

I dont like to think that RTSD is the only way to play the game... sure its an efficient way to do it but I prefer my lame style above all else.

Yeah, that Kaji/Aegis/Twisted is endgame bruhh B)
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Lame Enthusiast
"Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" -Kromagnum
#10liltaggPosted 2/19/2013 7:09:39 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
solidoutlaw posted...
Noonan_257 posted...

...I could swap FC with ChrisG and Doom with Morrigan, and it would still perfectly apply.

So what's the difference lol.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif