fb apparently has anti dark phoenix tech

#11KajinNinjaPosted 2/19/2013 9:12:42 PM
Newuser posted...
Can't you teleport your way out of the unblockable?

Did we watch the same video of the same setups...?

You're stuck blocking after your knocked down and get OTG'ed from the THC and DHC's
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <LameCharacter/Assist/Anchor> (Poison X Christie)
#12MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/19/2013 9:36:12 PM
Didn't Stryke say you can't block after pheonix's transforming animation? How does this work?
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#13smasher61(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:38:29 PM(edited)
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Didn't Stryke say you can't block after pheonix's transforming animation? How does this work?

he would be incorrect

else dp would have been a tamer beast in vanilla
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#14StrykeBlaydePosted 2/19/2013 9:40:10 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...

I don't even know, I've spent HOURS trying to replicate that and not being able to.

Died against a Dante's Cold Shower during a combo, he canceled into Prop Shredder before "I CAN'T CONTROL IT!" at point-blank range, I held back to make sure nothing clipped me out of it, and Prop Shredder powered through Dark Phoenix Rising's knockback and hit me while I was holding back.

I've almost convinced myself it was a one-off glitch. Or maybe he was juuuuust outside of DPR's range(while still being in range with Prop Shredder), but that still wouldn't explain why I couldn't block out of it.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Playing: DMC1-4, DmC, Bayonetta, UMvC3, JC2, Skyrim, etc.
#15KarsticlesPosted 2/19/2013 10:25:48 PM
There isn't much blockstun keeping Phoenix in place before Firebrand's unblockable hits. For a lot of those, it looks like you might be able to XFC the last hit of blockstun and air dash up, dodging Firebrand's unblockbale.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#16serpentaurusPosted 2/20/2013 12:22:42 AM(edited)
yeah those setups suck

and firebrand in general suck. that char is like a downgraded Thor with faster mixups but horrible defense and no team support
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls