How much better does Zero become if you...

#1GnnaTakeU4ARidePosted 2/19/2013 11:24:08 PM
...learn to switch his charges instead of gimping a button?
---
PSN: SendMeNudz1
UMVC3: Thor/Iron Man/Hawkeye
#2thedarksunPosted 2/20/2013 12:15:34 AM
GnnaTakeU4ARide posted...
...learn to switch his charges instead of gimping a button?

A lot, you open up every single one of his options while not having to sacrifice a button/charge throughout your neutral game/combos.
#3MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/20/2013 12:43:10 AM
This is what I ask myself every day.

I use shortcuts though. I'll lock someone down with Sougnemu and buster switch during the Animation, I'll just flat out not charge the buster etc.

But I really wish I could buster switch perfectly. *sighs*
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#4Qtipguy1020Posted 2/20/2013 11:00:18 AM
It's not that difficult, tbh. i play on a pad and i use L2 as an L attack.
It makes it so much easier, especially if you're using the sougenmu lockdown. Chuck out a M hadangeki then hold M, and start spamming L hadangeki
---
Statistics prove that the more birthdays you have, the longer you will live
#5koga_wolf_demonPosted 2/20/2013 11:21:36 AM
Sogenmu unblockables. That is all.
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening(3DS), Metal Gear Rising: Revengence(PS3)
#6MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/20/2013 11:25:02 AM
koga_wolf_demon posted...

This is the bare minumum though. Being able to use your fastest button, being able to teleport down for mixups during lockdown like a pseudo tridash, including these unblockables which aren't too good in all honesty because of pushblocking... buster switching is gdlk.

Qtipguy1020 posted...
It's not that difficult, tbh. i play on a pad and i use L2 as an L attack.
It makes it so much easier, especially if you're using the sougenmu lockdown. Chuck out a M hadangeki then hold M, and start spamming L hadangeki

It's difficult for me because I can't time the face button presses with the L2/L1 presses. Idk man I've always had difficulty doing it and probably always will until I sit down and really learn it for a couple days. I pretty much mastered Zero in every other way except buster switching, though.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#7AegisIkanaPosted 2/20/2013 2:10:53 PM
What happens if you press MML in an air magic series or LML in a ground magic series?
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Lame Enthusiast
"Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" -Kromagnum
#8AegisIkanaPosted 2/20/2013 2:11:31 PM
koga_wolf_demon posted...

Which are?
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Lame Enthusiast
"Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" -Kromagnum
#9SGleader1Posted 2/20/2013 4:25:18 PM
This...is kind of tricky. It's really hard to charge switch on reaction to some situational drops when it comes to combos.

Other than that, for mixups it's pretty easy. Like...I can charge switch a good 90% of whatever I need to in order to get the job done. It really isn't that big of a deal, but it can get a bit more technical than I'd care for at times. Still, since I'm already used to not using L in my neutral, it's not a huge deal. His feinted dive kick in corner block strings during incoming mixups is absolutely godlike against high level players.
---
Taking a break from Marvel. Playing Bayonetta, Blazblue, MK9, KOF 13, SF: 2012 AE, SFxT, and Kingdoms of Amlalur.
#10TwistedSensesPosted 2/20/2013 4:53:25 PM
I've been really bad about wanting to pick up Zero just because I know it would be a pain to learn this, and it would be awful not to utilize it.

I have similar troubles with Vergil but I never put time in the lab with him anyways.
---
Deadpool/Hawkeye/Strider Hiryu | Yoshimitsu/Raven | Vega (The Claw!) | Yosuke Hanamura | Ragna the Bloodedge | Valentine | Goh