Shouldn't every Zero player give up their H button before they give up L?

#1AegisIkanaPosted 2/20/2013 4:11:17 PM
L gives you access to 4 frame Cr.L.
Teleport Down.
Short teleport.
To the ground Raikousen.

H gives you Pizza Cutter. (Legitimate loss.)
Throws. (Legitimate loss.)
Antiairable stalling teleport.
Uselessly slow Lemon Wedge.
Upward Raikousen.

I still think L is more important to have.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Lame Enthusiast
"Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" -Kromagnum
#2CrispyPimpPosted 2/20/2013 4:17:23 PM
Or you could switch charges and have every button whenever you need it.
---
UMvC3: Sentinel/???/Dormammu
#3AegisIkana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:19:21 PM
CrispyPimp posted...
Or you could switch charges and have every button whenever you need it.

That requires Carpal Tunnel Claw.
---
#4thedarksunPosted 2/20/2013 4:38:47 PM
Then try it out and see what happens.
#5AegisIkana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:39:41 PM
thedarksun posted...
Then try it out and see what happens.

Is there something huge I'm missing?
---
#6KNITEMAREXPosted 2/20/2013 4:55:05 PM
AegisIkana posted...

You're doing it very wrong if you think throws are a "legitimate loss" in any UMvC3 match
#7AegisIkana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:57:21 PM
KNITEMAREX posted...
AegisIkana posted...

You're doing it very wrong if you think throws are a "legitimate loss" in any UMvC3 match

Aren't I doing it right if I think that's a legitimate loss?
---
#8TwistedSensesPosted 2/20/2013 5:08:09 PM
KNITEMAREX posted...
AegisIkana posted...

Throws matter, and if you were unable to throw in an UMvC3 match, it would be a loss of a very important universal tool.

That said, the reliance and mileage characters get out of throws varies. Zero however, can get mileage out of his throws. So please explain how losing the ability to throw isn't a loss to your overall tool-set.
---
Deadpool/Hawkeye/Strider Hiryu | Yoshimitsu/Raven | Vega (The Claw!) | Yosuke Hanamura | Ragna the Bloodedge | Valentine | Goh
#9SGleader1Posted 2/20/2013 5:19:09 PM
AegisIkana posted...
L gives you access to 4 frame Cr.L.
Teleport Down.
Short teleport.
To the ground Raikousen.

H gives you Pizza Cutter. (Legitimate loss.)
Antiairable stalling teleport.
Uselessly slow Lemon Wedge.
Upward Raikousen.

I still think L is more important to have.

Lol god, just no. If you have to 'give up' a button then you're playing Zero wrong and you need to step your game up.

You can play him the right way instead of 'sacrificing' a button and learn how to charge switch so you still have options for all of his tools. Teleport down isn't too useful outside of buster cancels and some pretty nasty corner setups. The short teleport isn't as effective as most people would think because people push block Zero's block strings alot. His j.L and c.L are pretty good, but like I said before they're only really feasible in certain situations. Downward raikousen is just...well, in my opinion it's a no brainer. I mean you wouldn't use this raw, ever, and you can always charge switch if you want to hit confirm or do a fake out for your corner mixups.

Throws for Zero are amazing, especially non SJ air throws. That's free food for any Zero player. His H command dash is godlike and great for air control. Saying he doesn't need it gimps his air maneuverability considerably. Zero needs height and maneuverability in some of his match ups. His heavy command dash with some lesser known tech can give him to SJ height air dashed which make for some really sneaky assist calls that can't be seen by the opponent. His QFC H fireball isn't as useful as his M version, but it's still feasible. And up raikousen is godlike, you can get a hit confirm off of it from a canceled buster, TK it for fake outs, and if you're sneaky about it you can use it raw and not get punished.

Dare you to tell me I'm wrong about any of what I just said.
---
Taking a break from Marvel. Playing Bayonetta, Blazblue, MK9, KOF 13, SF: 2012 AE, SFxT, and Kingdoms of Amlalur.
#10SlydeSlymPosted 2/20/2013 5:20:36 PM
If you can't buster switch, giving up light is OK since you can do all the combos you need without using the button. Giving up heavy would change all his combos.
If you can buster switch it's not that big a deal. Stand heavy in the neutral game is a good button and not having access to air throw and defensive pizza cutter would suck.