Is this game still pretty active? Should I get it?

#1GameplayZeroPosted 2/24/2013 9:05:39 PM
I'm looking into new fighters. I have not owned a fighter and have only played games like Smash Bros and Playstation Battle Royale. In this games, I think the most satisfying aspect of those games was figuring out new combos and applying them in battle.

I've played Tekken and Persona but I've been just spamming moves. Guess you could say I am a noob. How bad will I get destroyed online?

Also who are the lower tier characters? I don't want to use high tier if I get the game.
#2AegisIkanaPosted 2/24/2013 9:06:43 PM
GameplayZero posted...
I'm looking into new fighters. I have not owned a fighter and have only played games like Smash Bros and Playstation Battle Royale. In this games, I think the most satisfying aspect of those games was figuring out new combos and applying them in battle.

I've played Tekken and Persona but I've been just spamming moves. Guess you could say I am a noob. How bad will I get destroyed online?

Also who are the lower tier characters? I don't want to use high tier if I get the game.

Zero. He has NEVER won a major.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Lame Enthusiast
IVAVURDISHISEN.... PREPARISIL! - Zero, MMX4
#3GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:07:57 PM
AegisIkana posted...
GameplayZero posted...

Why is he so bad?
#4I_liek_mudkiepsPosted 2/24/2013 9:09:33 PM
GameplayZero posted...
AegisIkana posted...
GameplayZero posted...

Why is he so bad?

hes trolling zero is top 3 for sure
#5Neowulf13Posted 2/24/2013 9:10:26 PM
AegisIkana posted...

I C WUT U DID THAR

GameplayZero posted...

Game's really active. And yes, until you get decent, you will get absolutely destroyed online.
Some low tiers include Hsien-ko, Phoenix Wright, Ghost Rider, Tron, Iron Fist i guess (though I would argue that his damage puts him a bit above the low tiers).
---
UMvC3: Team Red Zone: Joe/Hawkeye/Doom
^_^
#6NoizyChildPosted 2/24/2013 9:12:35 PM
TC, be warned:

While your character choice is completely up to you, DO NOT start crying about your low tier characters losing to the higher tiers. If you're having trouble, ask for advice.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#7GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:13:46 PM
Neowulf13 posted...
AegisIkana posted...

I C WUT U DID THAR

GameplayZero posted...

Game's really active. And yes, until you get decent, you will get absolutely destroyed online.
Some low tiers include Hsien-ko, Phoenix Wright, Ghost Rider, Tron, Iron Fist i guess (though I would argue that his damage puts him a bit above the low tiers).

awww yeah. my man phoenix. Ghost Rider is low tier? Didn't expect that. Thanks for the tips.

How hard do you think it would be to learn combos if I have never really played a fighting game before?
#8GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 9:15:15 PM
NoizyChild posted...
TC, be warned:

While your character choice is completely up to you, DO NOT start crying about your low tier characters losing to the higher tiers. If you're having trouble, ask for advice.

I understand lol. I always use low tier characters in fighters so I feel satisfaction from winning. Under no circumstance will I ever use high tier unless i'm trolling. Just my philosophy.
#9RagingRicansPosted 2/24/2013 9:15:45 PM
NoizyChild posted...
TC, be warned:

Yeah be careful because Noizy will never get off your ass. Heed my warning.
---
PSN: RagingRicans. "There is always a little truth behind every "Kappa" - Fictional Hispanic man.
#10Neowulf13Posted 2/24/2013 9:18:19 PM
GameplayZero posted...
awww yeah. my man phoenix. Ghost Rider is low tier? Didn't expect that. Thanks for the tips.

How hard do you think it would be to learn combos if I have never really played a fighting game before?

A bit hard. It's not too hard to look up combo notations and do them, but understanding the mechanics of combos, and why certain ones work/don't work, as well as actually pulling them off in matches will take a while if you've never played fighting games. As well as other stuff like converting off stray hits, and changing combos depending on the situation.

Another piece of advice, if you're really going to use Phoenix Wright, don't put Ghost Rider or Iron Fist with him. They don't really have too much synergy with PW, and both require teams built around him. Hsien-ko can work with Wright (use her on point, power-up super, tag in Wright), but you might have to use another character like Hulk or something.
---
UMvC3: Team Red Zone: Joe/Hawkeye/Doom
^_^