Does this game have megacrush?

#11OblivionEssencePosted 3/1/2013 6:56:31 PM
Combo breakers are pointless. So instead of getting combo'd to death, you'd break the combo then get hit again and get combo'd to death, then your next two characters get combo'd to death as normal and the winner of the match does not change at all.

...Yep, this is how all matches with Combo Breakers play out. Every single match. Ever.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#12lol_whatPosted 3/1/2013 7:25:36 PM
arcsys games have the only combo breakers that aren't terrible because

- the entire game is made around the fact that they exist, instead of just being thrown in

- you can use your combo breaker in a variety of ways (gold bursting, gimmicky combo extensions/guard breaks, ect)

- you can totally bait and punish the guard break and it doesn't just magically send you flying if you're anywhere near the other person (and also isn't unblockable)

megacrash was dumb and didn't follow any of these rules, combo breakers in a game with the marvel system are a bad idea
#13Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 10:26:40 PM
Patrick7286 posted...
Combo breakers are pointless. So instead of getting combo'd to death, you'd break the combo then get hit again and get combo'd to death, then your next two characters get combo'd to death as normal and the winner of the match does not change at all.

It gives me the illusion of hope haha Idk in TvC it wasn't that bad (although TvC isnt as fast as MvC3 and the characters have much more sustain). You could just megacrush and then borque with the next guy and come back.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#14Pat33ablePosted 3/2/2013 7:38:12 AM(edited)
TAC counters are the closest your ever going to get to that...ha!
Game has infs, higher rate of unblockables, 25/25/25/25s hell even 20s, and the scrubbiest comeback mechanic in recent history still Capcom still felt no need for MCs though...ha!
---
2-3 posts per thread...Small fish fry! "GT: Pat33able"
This one's for youuuuuu Morph...!!!
#15KarsticlesPosted 3/2/2013 7:43:14 AM
Do you really want characters like Vergil, Dark Phoenix, and Zero to have a combo breaker?
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#16GigaraverPosted 3/2/2013 7:53:36 AM
lol_what posted...

- you can totally bait and punish the guard break and it doesn't just magically send you flying if you're anywhere near the other person (and also isn't unblockable)

megacrash was dumb and didn't follow any of these rules, combo breakers in a game with the marvel system are a bad idea

Please stop spewing lies all over the topic. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
---
Gamertag - The Hyperdon --- {Now Playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3}
Nintendo 3DS FC - [3394 - 3563 - 6616]
#17Pat33ablePosted 3/2/2013 8:07:55 AM(edited)
Gigaraver posted...
lol_what posted...

Please stop spewing lies all over the topic. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Yooooo, MCs weren't unblockable?! My mind is blown, nooo freaking way man...ha!
---
2-3 posts per thread...Small fish fry! "GT: Pat33able"
This one's for youuuuuu Morph...!!!
#18Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 12:50:01 PM
Karsticles posted...
Do you really want characters like Vergil, Dark Phoenix, and Zero to have a combo breaker?

Better than just being caught in a a corner the whole game
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#19NoizyChildPosted 3/2/2013 12:55:38 PM

Sounds like the problem is with your defense.

And judging from your answer, you have a lot to learn about how this game works.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#20Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 1:09:01 PM
NoizyChild posted...

Sounds like the problem is with your defense.

And judging from your answer, you have a lot to learn about how this game works.

I most definitely do! I've took a break from mvc3 and went back to tvc, so really I'm just a bit butthurt that I can't do anything since I always was on the offense in tvc and never really had to do advanced gaurding. But even at that, I still find x factor and no megacrush kinda ridiculous. Borque was less over powered than xfactor and could still change the game
---