Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 vs Skullgirl

#1Nomorice4UPosted 3/2/2013 7:44:13 PM
What say you? Morrigan vs Squigly the fate of two creepy zoners (don't know much about SG)

I read an article at giant bomb talking about cost for developing fighting games. It's a good read - highly recommended (link below). It got me to rethink about the hate towards Capcom's many milking tricks. Msoft and Sony charging per patch is just the tip of the iceberg. Adding characters is expensive.

Anyways, the article got me to see Skullgirl devs differently. I'm considering buying Skullgirl just to support their efforts. It's inspiring to see that kind of dedication.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-little-fighting-game-that-could/1100-4587/
#2NoizyChildPosted 3/2/2013 7:47:06 PM
So.....what might this have to do with Marvel?
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#3I_liek_mudkiepsPosted 3/2/2013 7:52:22 PM
is the pc verdion updated yet?

hadn't checked in a long time
#4Nomorice4U(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:05:28 PM
NoizyChild posted...

We complain quite a bit about support and Capcom's greed. No one has really take into account the cost to continue supporting a game and how to profit off high cost games like Marvel 3. If an indie game like Skullgirls cost 2 mils, imagine Marvel 3. It sort of justify on disc DLC to some extent. What more is that Capcom also has to deal with the bureaucracy that is Marvel, profit sharing and the effect of low revenues.

I guess this topic is more of my way to try to be less ignorant about the way devs work. I saw some hate towards SG a few days ago here which I found was debatable at the time; I'm not so sure now.
#5NoizyChildPosted 3/2/2013 8:09:22 PM
NoizyChild posted...

We complain quite a bit about support and Capcom's greed. No one has really take into account the cost to continue supporting a game and how to profit off high cost games like Marvel 3. If an indie game like Skullgirls cost 2 mils, imagine Marvel 3. It sort of justify on disc DLC to some extent. What more is that Capcom also has to deal with the bureaucracy that is Marvel, profit sharing and the effect of low revenues.

I guess this topic is more of my way to try to be less ignorant about the way devs work. I saw some hate towards SG a few days ago here which I found was debatable at the time; I'm not so sure now.

I see now. And you're right.

The problem is, people think that Capcom should give them everything they want for free because they're this "big company" that doesn't need the money, yet when Atlus or NRS do DLC, they somehow get a pass.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#6djprofessork1Posted 3/2/2013 8:21:46 PM(edited)
So whats the point of this thread?

i like skullgirls, it's a good game, I donated 30$ because I was gonna buy the PC version anyways.

it has some problems... but the patch helped a lot and there will be more balance changes with the Squigly patch

Nomorice4U posted...
It sort of justify on disc DLC to some extent.

personally i think all DLC is gouging and a complete rip-off, but im not gonna rage at Capcom for it because EVERY company has been doing it for a long time. A lot of people like to jump on the bandwagon and hate on capcom, but I'm like "Whatever, they're just following the crowd" sadly DLC is a big part of gaming now.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.