Zeros neutral game

#1MindSlicerPosted 3/3/2013 5:23:23 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve my zeros neutral game? my team is zero/dr.doom/vergil using hadangeki, plasma beam, and rapid slash rescpectively. Should I switch from beam to missiles with dr.doom?

Any suggestions outside of buster/lemon wedges/ lightning m buster cancel + call doom? Thats what usually do
---
XBOX GT: Voteableaura
#2BenifyPosted 3/3/2013 6:50:47 PM
Teleport M + doom assist I suppose
---
Pokemon White FC: 0948 5189 2763
#3MindSlicer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:49:03 PM
For sure. Thanks anyone else?
---
XBOX GT: Voteableaura
#4MK9_ProdigyPosted 3/4/2013 12:40:04 AM
Yo I just picked up that team.

I use missiles, but I play a zoning style. I'm going to be trying out plasma beam probably tomorrow and learn some stuff with it.

Missiles benefits me because once they are lockdown I get like 6 mixups high/low

What I do is call missiles then try to make them block my blockstring MH6H. Missiles will then hit and I get crazy mixups. Also, it's pretty easy to confirm off of missiles and I think Zero benefits more from an AA assist than a Beam assist, at least mine does.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#5jaganshi2Posted 3/4/2013 8:39:53 AM
Yeah i have some problems with Zero (i don't want to hi-jack the topic or anything) but i'm so tempted to go back to missiles but since Vajira is my second assist i can't do anything after an air grab. There has to be something Zero can do with Missiles or Vajira after an airgrab.

I'm still f'n the lightning loops. That stupid fake out move ruins everything.
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#6koga_wolf_demonPosted 3/4/2013 8:51:26 AM
jaganshi2 posted...
Yeah i have some problems with Zero (i don't want to hi-jack the topic or anything) but i'm so tempted to go back to missiles but since Vajira is my second assist i can't do anything after an air grab. There has to be something Zero can do with Missiles or Vajira after an airgrab.

I'm still f'n the lightning loops. That stupid fake out move ruins everything.

I know the feeling, that move screws me over when I try and LL on the left side.
On topic, I use Hawkeye's Greyhound assist, which is similar to beam. While I do use it for defensive purposes, if you can get close then do a TK'd fake Sentsuizan dive after calling it.
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening(3DS), Metal Gear Rising: Revengence(PS3)
#7KNITEMAREXPosted 3/4/2013 9:42:34 AM
You could certainly change assists based on matchup. Personally I'd favor Beam over Missiles, but my playstyle is more offensive/counter zoning. If you're going for a lame out style then Missiles would be better

His neutral with projectiles like Doom Beam is pretty straightforward. Use it behind Hadangekis, use Air H Hienkyaku after calling it to keep Doom off screen (good option to cover the assist), use it to snipe slower assists (Drones, Missiles), combine it with command dashes, if you're up close when they block the Beam, you can jump up, then Air L Hienkyaku into c.L for an unreactable low. It would benefit to learn how to charge switch to take full advantage of that though

jaganshi2 posted...

You can, you just need at least a 1 meter beforehand

Air throw, Call Vajra, (land), H Sentsuizan xx Sougenmu, Vajra Hits, dash, H Sentsuizan xx Air Lvl 3 Buster, L Hienkyaku, M, S, etc.
#8jaganshi2Posted 3/4/2013 10:35:48 PM
KNITEMAREX posted...
You could certainly change assists based on matchup. Personally I'd favor Beam over Missiles, but my playstyle is more offensive/counter zoning. If you're going for a lame out style then Missiles would be better

His neutral with projectiles like Doom Beam is pretty straightforward. Use it behind Hadangekis, use Air H Hienkyaku after calling it to keep Doom off screen (good option to cover the assist), use it to snipe slower assists (Drones, Missiles), combine it with command dashes, if you're up close when they block the Beam, you can jump up, then Air L Hienkyaku into c.L for an unreactable low. It would benefit to learn how to charge switch to take full advantage of that though

jaganshi2 posted...

You can, you just need at least a 1 meter beforehand

Air throw, Call Vajra, (land), H Sentsuizan xx Sougenmu, Vajra Hits, dash, H Sentsuizan xx Air Lvl 3 Buster, L Hienkyaku, M, S, etc.

Well i guess that's better than nothing. Thanks. You guys really think Zero/Doom-plasma/Strider is better than Zero/HM/Strider, just honest an honest opinion.
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334