Is Doom/Vergil the best shell at the moment?

#1WiNdDeMoN150Posted 3/3/2013 6:16:56 PM
Seems like the most successful players are rocking the Doom/Vergil shell.

It makes me consider sticking to these guys to make my Ghost Rider something good. It seems this shell makes almost any character better. Examples are Wolverine and Morrigan.

Where are your opinions?
---
The official Ghost Rider of the UMvC3 board by default.
The darkness in your soul disgusts me.
#2Patrick7286Posted 3/3/2013 6:26:37 PM
It's the best in terms of general use and versatility. IMO Vergil is the best anchor. Some disagree but at worst he's top 3 anchors. Doom is strong but he has two very different, but very strong assists. Vergil has the best DHC in the game, and doom has one of the best TAC games. There are just so many ways to use this shell. You even mention morrigan and wolverine, two drastically different characters which both are arguably optimized when paired with doom/vergil.
#3MrNMarnMCZMarnPosted 3/3/2013 6:33:14 PM
I didn't realize they were a shell. I just thought theyre among the best characters in the game and would obviously work well together, but they don't have any kind of extraordinary synergy or anything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/S2sjK.jpg
RIDE OR DIE MUTHA F***A RIDE OR DIE
#4pwned3xPosted 3/3/2013 6:34:18 PM
No. Those 2 together isn't anything special, but they both provide good support while still being capable on point.
---
PSN: Settai
UMvC3 Main Team: Magneto/Morrigan/Sentinel
#5polishenigmaPosted 3/3/2013 6:42:38 PM
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...
I didn't realize they were a shell. I just thought theyre among the best characters in the game and would obviously work well together, but they don't have any kind of extraordinary synergy or anything.

This. They're not so much a shell as a pair of dominant characters.
---
PSN&Steam: ExecutiveDave | Playing: UMVC3 (PS3), TF2 (PC)
UMVC3: Wesker/Dormammu/Doctor Doom
#6WiNdDeMoN150(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 6:45:29 PM
polishenigma posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...

This. They're not so much a shell as a pair of dominant characters.

Ok I see what you guys are getting at.
---
The official Ghost Rider of the UMvC3 board by default.
The darkness in your soul disgusts me.
#7MarsulasPosted 3/3/2013 7:25:26 PM
Mags/Doom is probably going to end up being the most powerful shell when its all said and done.
---
PSN: Marz1991 SSFIVAE:Guy UMvC3:Shuma/Dorm/Strange
3DS FC: 1203-9378-1364
#8thedarksunPosted 3/3/2013 7:35:17 PM
Marsulas posted...
Mags/Doom is probably going to end up being the most powerful shell when its all said and done.

Not stronger than Morrigan/Doom though
#9MarsulasPosted 3/3/2013 11:47:13 PM
thedarksun posted...
Marsulas posted...

Not stronger than Morrigan/Doom though

Yea true. The execution barrier will probably mean she have less rep though.
---
PSN: Marz1991 SSFIVAE:Guy UMvC3:Shuma/Dorm/Strange
3DS FC: 1203-9378-1364
#10Killarock404Posted 3/4/2013 12:03:55 AM
I think its strong, but i dont think its the best. Hawkeye/Vergil is an even better shell than that imo. I think right now Morrigan/Doom at the moment. Magneto/Doom, Vergil/Magneto, Spencer/Hawkeye and a few others are really strong shells i think deserve mention.