Is Doom/Vergil the best shell at the moment?

#11MK9_ProdigyPosted 3/4/2013 12:36:43 AM
polishenigma posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...
I didn't realize they were a shell. I just thought theyre among the best characters in the game and would obviously work well together, but they don't have any kind of extraordinary synergy or anything.

This. They're not so much a shell as a pair of dominant characters.

Wrong.

It's one of the best shells in the game.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#12ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 3/4/2013 6:40:46 AM
It's really not that good. The only reason the team works is because of TAC infinites. Plasma Beam scales combos way too hard for Vergil and most characters, Vergil only kinda helps Doom on incoming mix ups, outside of that when whatever the point is dies Doom is kinda just hanging out which is really bad cause Doom is probably the worst most used character in the game. It all works though because of the TAC infinites, if you can do them, then the fact that Doom's beam scales combos to garbage damage doesn't mean anything because you will be going for meterless infinites which will then proved the meter for the multiple hypers needed to kill.

Vergil has his weaknesses that people have yet to exploit as an anchor character.

The best Shell is still Morrigan/Doom. Period. And it's even worse now that TAC infinites are around. It's scary to think Chris G hasn't even begun to practice infinites but if he did he could literally touch you once with Morrigan and potentially kill you leaving Morrigan with 5 bars and Vergil in the back with 5 if she gets killed.
---
"If I could use one word to describe you it is Tactless."
#13txbullyPosted 3/4/2013 7:07:00 AM
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...
I didn't realize they were a shell. I just thought theyre among the best characters in the game and would obviously work well together, but they don't have any kind of extraordinary synergy or anything.

Exactly.
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#14Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/4/2013 7:48:30 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
polishenigma posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...

Wrong.

I dunno, I kind of agree with Polishenigma and others when they're not so much a shell, just the two best characters to put on any team.

Who wants to teach me Doom and Vergil?
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#15MK9_ProdigyPosted 3/4/2013 12:16:11 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
polishenigma posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...

Wrong.

I dunno, I kind of agree with Polishenigma and others when they're not so much a shell, just the two best characters to put on any team.

Man, they are so well-rounded I got a 50 win streak with my friends playing Random/Doom/Vergil along with my main teams.

I played Shuma/Doom/Vergil, Joe/Doom/Vergil and Firebrand/Doom/Vergil and every team worked and did will.

Doom/Vergil compliments almost every character in the game.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#16Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/4/2013 12:20:39 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
polishenigma posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...

Wrong.

Man, they are so well-rounded I got a 50 win streak with my friends playing Random/Doom/Vergil along with my main teams.

I played Shuma/Doom/Vergil, Joe/Doom/Vergil and Firebrand/Doom/Vergil and every team worked and did will.

Doom/Vergil compliments almost every character in the game.

Oh without a doubt, I just don't think the two of them are a shell the way MorriDoom or Chris/Haggar are for example.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#17tvndentalPosted 3/4/2013 3:23:19 PM
It is the best shell in the game.

It works because everyone can use one of Doom's assists. Also who doesn't want the best TAC combos and best anchor in the game?

End game is like this

X/Doom/Strider if X can self-OTG
X/Doom/Vergil if X can't self-OTG
X/Doom/Ammy if you actually want play Doom optimally.

X/Doom/Phoenix works too but is dying to x/Doom/Vergil because Phoenix is way too restricting on the resources (5 meters, x-factor, can't call her assist). With Vergil all you have to worry about is surviving the incoming mix-up.
#18KNITEMAREXPosted 3/4/2013 3:59:08 PM
It's the best Support character + Best Dark Anchor. Doom and Vergil themselves have no noteworthy synergy
#19serpentaurusPosted 3/4/2013 4:07:52 PM
just snap vergil and kill him

they are top 5 characters with not that great of a synergy
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#20MavisBeaconDTFPosted 3/4/2013 4:43:08 PM
It's not a shell imo.
---
http://i.minus.com/iZ3d5GvRr9bJ2.gif | http://i.minus.com/ibwiDFLoPnUTS5.gif | http://i.minus.com/ibsKSWsHg3QM1Z.gif | http://i.minus.com/iUVUa9VFS6d0Q.gif