To complement Morridoom, is there any reason to pick Storm over Magneto?

#1Archangel2385Posted 3/5/2013 7:47:13 AM
Granted, Magneto does have better meter build & damage (and I think he might have an edge in mobility, though I'm not sure), but isn't Storm a very viable candidate as well?

Whirlwind is a decent "get-off-me" assist.

She also has TAC combos & infinites (not sure if they are as easy as Mags').

She also loves Hidden Missiles.

She can run away while calling Harmonizer about as easily as Magneto can.

Hail Storm > pretty much of Magneto's supers, save his level 3. It's FAR better for assist-sniping, better for THCs, and is also a very safe way to bring in Morrigan.

Her Elemental Rage also theoretically has Soul Drain-loop capability (as does Hail Storm, though nowhere near as much as the former).

I don't know, am I overestimating her worth in comparison to Magneto for Morridoom, or do you guys think she might actually be a better partner for that shell?
---
Words mean nothing if logic doesn't back it up.
#2AegisIkanaPosted 3/5/2013 7:51:07 AM
That doesn't stop Hailstorm start up from being slow and her damage from being low. Morrigan already has bad rushdown damage. Believe it or not, Morrigan needs meter for keeping AV pressure up. The best strategy against Morridoom is minimizing meter gain and chip damage so she can't just put the maze back up again. Storm is going to make that easier on your opponent to do to you.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Getting over my biases.
"I don't want to learn Doom." - A masochist.
#3pwned3xPosted 3/5/2013 10:51:36 AM
No.

Disruptor is much better at controlling the neutral than Whirlwind is.

Magneto's TAC infinite is much easier than Storms and can be easily done from all directions plus midscreen.

She works well with Hidden Missiles, but Magneto utilizes it much better.

While she can run away calling Harmonizer, its not as effective as with Magneto because he can zone and runaway at the same time with Magnetic Blast

Hail Storm is better than Magneto's super only as a DHC or THC, which is practically useless for Morrigan since she wants all of her meter for AV. It is not far better for assist sniping because the startup for it on point is to slow. It is not an effective way to bring in Morrigan for the same reason. Shockwave is much better in both aspect when considering both characters are on point

You are most likely correct about there being Soul Drain capability with Ele Rage, but unless its used as a punish youre not going to get more than 1 Soul Drain because hitstun.

Even discounting that Magneto is a far better meter builder and damage dealer than Storm, she is in no way shape or form a better partner than Magneto is.
---
PSN: Settai
UMvC3 Main Team: Magneto/Morrigan/Sentinel
#4KarsticlesPosted 3/5/2013 11:14:28 AM
If you use JJJ's setup, it could be worthwhile.

After a hard knockdown with Storm, wait, Ice Storm -> Astral Vision, call Hidden Missiles, and enjoy your endless pin while you do 3-4 overheads in a row for a free combo.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#5Patrick7286Posted 3/5/2013 1:25:19 PM
It could work but magneto is the clearly better choice for this team.
#6AegisIkanaPosted 3/5/2013 1:45:45 PM
If you really want a good assist punish, put Dorm second and use SS>Chaotic Flame.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Getting over my biases.
"I don't want to learn Doom." - A masochist.
#7dcm217Posted 3/5/2013 1:52:56 PM
Has anyone put modok with shield assist on morridoom? it seems super annoying in theory