Doom/Vergil is not the best shell in the game

#1serpentaurusPosted 3/5/2013 4:58:15 PM
Its just a character with AAA support plus another character that is a gdlk point character when has meter and XF. Their synergy and team support is usually not optimized for the point character that they have to aid.

Many other shells give more support to top tier point characters, for example:

- Dante/Strider, Dante<>Vergil and Vergil/Strider

Much better for Zero and Viper

- Morrigan/Dante

Better for Viper

- Doom/Amaterasu

Better for Magneto, Firebrand, Trish, Thor, Nova, etc

- Spencer/Doom and Strange/Spencer

Better for Nova

- Strange/Amaterasu, Strange/Dante and Strange/Doom

Better for Nova, Viper, Jill, Thor, Modok, Joe, etc

among others

The reason why Doom/Vergil are so dominant right now is because THEY EXCEL AT PUNISHING MISTAKES. Yeah they mostly win because PEOPLE MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES, not because they make optimized teams. The only character that probably optimize point game with that shell is morrigan, and in the Vergil/Doom order, not in the Doom/Vergil order.

thanks for reading.
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#2BlackViper415Posted 3/5/2013 5:11:22 PM
That long explanation was not necessary. I think we all know that Shell Kick is the best shell.
#3AegisIkanaPosted 3/5/2013 5:15:39 PM
BlackViper415 posted...
That long explanation was welcome. I think we all know thank you for a genuinely informative post.

Hopefully the misinformation won't spread any further as well.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Getting over my biases.
"I don't want to learn Doom." - A masochist.
#4BlackViper415Posted 3/5/2013 5:17:15 PM
AegisIkana posted...
BlackViper415 posted...
That long explanation was welcome. I think we all know thank you for a genuinely informative post.

Hopefully the misinformation won't spread any further as well.

Shell kick = Only shell.
Thus, it is the best shell. I don't understand why people can't see this.
---
I have never contributed anything useful to this board.
#5BlackViper415Posted 3/5/2013 5:18:53 PM
Whoops, turns out I was wrong. I forgot about Shell of Vishanti. THAT is the best shell.
---
I have never contributed anything useful to this board.
#6Dark_PhentsPosted 3/5/2013 9:29:58 PM
serpentaurus posted...
Its just a character with AAA support plus another character that is a gdlk point character when has meter and XF. Their synergy and team support is usually not optimized for the point character that they have to aid.

Many other shells give more support to top tier point characters, for example:

- Dante/Strider, Dante<>Vergil and Vergil/Strider

Much better for Zero and Viper

- Morrigan/Dante

Better for Viper

- Doom/Amaterasu

Better for Magneto, Firebrand, Trish, Thor, Nova, etc

- Spencer/Doom and Strange/Spencer

Better for Nova

- Strange/Amaterasu, Strange/Dante and Strange/Doom

Better for Nova, Viper, Jill, Thor, Modok, Joe, etc

among others

The reason why Doom/Vergil are so dominant right now is because THEY EXCEL AT PUNISHING MISTAKES. Yeah they mostly win because PEOPLE MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES, not because they make optimized teams. The only character that probably optimize point game with that shell is morrigan, and in the Vergil/Doom order, not in the Doom/Vergil order.

thanks for reading.

Doom/Vergil is more universal in synergy while these that you have mentioned are just good and great for specific characters.

Doom and Vergil are the most well rounded characters because they work and enhance team dynamics for every build you can think of. Your excuses on why Doom/Vergil is dominant at this present day are just excuses. You need to take a break from listening too much from that SRK tier thread because 90% of the people there are likely horrible in actual and all the comments in concerns of gameplay are horrible.
---
Hsien ko, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon
#7SolidAbyssPosted 3/5/2013 9:45:09 PM
Frank/Dante

Hold Dat gamefaqs
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
#8MK9_ProdigyPosted 3/5/2013 9:56:39 PM
Dark_Phents posted...
Doom and Vergil are the most well rounded characters because they work and enhance team dynamics for every build you can think of. Your excuses on why Doom/Vergil is dominant at this present day are just excuses. You need to take a break from listening too much from that SRK tier thread because 90% of the people there are likely horrible in actual and all the comments in concerns of gameplay are horrible.

****ING THANK YOU.

Lawdy
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#9MrNMarnMCZMarnPosted 3/5/2013 10:52:11 PM
First of all it's not a shell.
---
http://i.imgur.com/S2sjK.jpg
RIDE OR DIE MUTHA F***A RIDE OR DIE
#10MK9_ProdigyPosted 3/5/2013 10:54:01 PM
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...
First of all it's not a shell.

oh my god.

This is as bad as "Morrigan isn't top tier, only Morrigan/Doom is top tier!"
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel