Doom/Vergil is not the best shell in the game

#11MrNMarnMCZMarnPosted 3/5/2013 10:09:27 PM
okay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/S2sjK.jpg
RIDE OR DIE MUTHA F***A RIDE OR DIE
#12StrykeBlaydePosted 3/5/2013 10:24:56 PM
Dark_Phents posted...
Doom/Vergil is more universal in synergy while these that you have mentioned are just good and great for specific characters.

Doom and Vergil are the most well rounded characters because they work and enhance team dynamics for every build you can think of. Your excuses on why Doom/Vergil is dominant at this present day are just excuses. You need to take a break from listening too much from that SRK tier thread because 90% of the people there are likely horrible in actual and all the comments in concerns of gameplay are horrible.

So how is that condescending working out for ya? He has an opinion, as long as he at least tries to back it up, it's worth considering.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Playing: DMC1-4, DmC, Bayonetta, UMvC3, JC2, Skyrim, etc.
#13Dragonboy86Posted 3/5/2013 11:19:09 PM(edited)
Pretend Magikarp is Serp:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6894549248/hCCA984F9/

On Topic:

I do agree with Serp that Doom/Vergil isn't the best Shell, but it's definitely up there. And like Serp, Vergil and Doom can punish mistakes and unlike other fighting games without TOD, UMVC3 is pretty unforgivable when it comes to mistakes, especially against the Doom/Vergil Shell.

IMO, I don't like Doom/Vergil if they are by themselves. Rapid Slash is a somewhat Mediocre neutral assist for doom, but Vergil back up by Plasma beam is good, but the requires anchor doom which is...average compared to Vergil anchor. There isn't much flexibility when picking this shell. Again, IMO and I haven't played in a while so correct if I'm wrong.

Edit: Forgot my relevant pic.
---
Now Playing: UMVC3, SFxTK, SMT: Devil Survivor:Overclocked, ACIII.
A vicious member of the Brotherhood that wields the Fists of Fire.
#14Dark_PhentsPosted 3/6/2013 12:23:20 AM
StrykeBlayde posted...
Dark_Phents posted...
Doom/Vergil is more universal in synergy while these that you have mentioned are just good and great for specific characters.

Doom and Vergil are the most well rounded characters because they work and enhance team dynamics for every build you can think of. Your excuses on why Doom/Vergil is dominant at this present day are just excuses. You need to take a break from listening too much from that SRK tier thread because 90% of the people there are likely horrible in actual and all the comments in concerns of gameplay are horrible.

So how is that condescending working out for ya? He has an opinion, as long as he at least tries to back it up, it's worth considering.

sure it's worth considering however the whole Zero blabbers are just getting annoying. It really takes away what this game has always been, a team game. I've seen a bit of the OP in the SRK tier thread and all of them are just to into their theories that it's like our metagame doesn't matter in comparison. Which is ridiculous.

Zero being over Mags, Vergil and Doom is so obscure. It's the first time ever that a character is given so much theories that he gets boosted over actual tourney placers.
---
Hsien ko, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon
#15AegisIkanaPosted 3/6/2013 12:27:58 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...
First of all it's not a shell.

oh my god.

This is as bad as "Morrigan isn't top tier, only Morrigan/Doom is top tier!"

So it's a valid point?
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Getting over my biases.
"I don't want to learn Doom." - A masochist.
#16TheMoralessStarPosted 3/6/2013 12:41:30 AM
Doom/Vergil is a shell as long as your point character is still alive. Then it just become a Phoenix team. Its just X/Best support character/Best anchor. Hardly any note worthy synergy between the duo other than being members of the "Top-Tier-Gentlemen's Club".
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#17KNITEMAREXPosted 3/6/2013 4:16:44 AM
Dark_Phents posted...

Universal in synergy? As in, they don't really synergize with eachother and other characters all that great. OK, so how does that constitute a great shell? Oh that's right, it doesn't. For me it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same vein as proper shells like Doom/Ammy or Dante/Strider

As for the SRK thread, there's actually a lot of decent info there, stay ignorant though. And considering a lot of those players actually play offline over just nuthugging what happens on stream, I like 90% of those players over yourself
#18SGleader1Posted 3/6/2013 6:59:30 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
MrNMarnMCZMarn posted...
First of all it's not a shell.

oh my god.

This is as bad as "Morrigan isn't top tier, only Morrigan/Doom is top tier!"

Vergil and Doom aren't as much a shell as they are just a pair of dominant characters that help a team ._.

A shell is Morridom or Dorm and Doom.
---
Taking a break from Marvel. Playing Bayonetta, Blazblue, MK9, KOF 13, SF: 2012 AE, SFxT, and Kingdoms of Amlalur.
#19jaganshi2Posted 3/6/2013 7:11:41 AM
Zero/Strider is the shell for real men.

fact
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#20pAceyzPosted 3/6/2013 7:30:41 AM
What do you guys actually mean by shell?