What do you think Vergil's bad match UPS are?

#1MedicalGamerPosted 3/18/2013 8:18:32 PM
The way I see it, he doesn't seem to have any bad match up. Trying to stay at super jump height means he can teleport.

He arguably has the best set of normals ( I think Magneto has a great set of normals as well)

Spiral Swords essentially put the opponent on block stun ensuring you will get mix up.

Honestly I think the best chance us to go heavy rushdown or keepaway.
---
Specialty:Diagnostics
The official calm guy of every board. UMVC3:Dante/Wright/Ammy P4A:Yosuke,Aigis TTT2:Asuka/Dragunov
#2ZekiraPosted 3/18/2013 8:27:09 PM
Vergil's bad matchup is this mystical being we all know as "player".
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#3NewuserPosted 3/18/2013 8:33:14 PM
Spencer
Dorm
Phoenix if the Vergil doesn't have Vajira
Morrigan if the Vergil doesn't have Vajira
Skrull
Modok
Nova

But generally none of these matchups are that bad, it's more like these guys have a small edge over Vergil. Vergil's worst matchup is a strong incoming mixup because he's terrible in escaping them, so if he has to face Firebrand/Viper/Wolverine/Zero in incoming he's finished.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#4loffterPosted 3/18/2013 8:34:34 PM
Depends on a lot of factors, but honestly... Thor.

That's right, I said it.
---
Also, I can kill you with my brain. ~ River
*Black2 3311-3541-1257
#5CombaticusXYPosted 3/18/2013 8:35:22 PM
MedicalGamer posted...
The way I see it, he doesn't seem to have any bad match up. Trying to stay at super jump height means he can teleport.

He arguably has the best set of normals ( I think Magneto has a great set of normals as well)

Spiral Swords essentially put the opponent on block stun ensuring you will get mix up.

Honestly I think the best chance us to go heavy rushdown or keepaway.

Playing against Vergil is about solid fundamentals.. be defensive and wait for your chance to bait out a helm breaker or a teleport and poke wait until he's out of meter to be a little braver
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY
#6thedarksunPosted 3/18/2013 8:35:25 PM
Newuser posted...
Spencer
Dorm
Phoenix if the Vergil doesn't have Vajira
Morrigan if the Vergil doesn't have Vajira
Skrull
Modok
Nova

But generally none of these matchups are that bad, it's more like these guys have a small edge over Vergil. Vergil's worst matchup is a strong incoming mixup because he's terrible in escaping them, so if he has to face Firebrand/Viper/Wolverine/Zero in incoming he's finished.

I'd also say that Doom is pretty effective against Vergil. If played right, he can keep Vergil pinned with his zoning tools.
#7The_CiscoPosted 3/18/2013 11:07:49 PM
a good morridoom and a well built/skilled Frank West team. I think XF_Strider has a good shot (eventhough orbs counters strider) due to the speed of his teleports during XF.
#8serpentaurusPosted 3/18/2013 11:14:55 PM
loffter posted...
Depends on a lot of factors, but honestly... Thor.

That's right, I said it.

vergil beat thor, something like 6-4

but thor is one of the only characters in the game with actual answers to spiral swords + round trip glitch spam
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#9Patrick7286Posted 3/18/2013 11:37:57 PM
Morrigan or even Morridoom is not a bad matchup for vergil. I play these teams and vergil is one of the characters I fear most, regardless of what assist he has. Vergil is also who I use to counterpick other morridooms.
#10Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/19/2013 12:29:49 AM
Vergil doesn't have bad match-ups really.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19