[Poll] Best all-around character in the game

#31Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/24/2013 10:17:40 AM
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
Best all around character does not mean best well-rounded character. It means "Best character, while looking at all angles."

Vergil.

His XF3 is that good, and poised to get better. His on-point abilities are very strong. He is currently the best character in the game, IMO, even with lackluster/mid-tier assists.

I swear to god I called it. Someone was gonna say it.

Prozac, please tell me how XF3 comes even remotely close to being a valid point when it comes to someone being a well rounded character. He needs XF3 the capitalize on his assets. I mean yeah, he's good, but he isn't ANYWHERE close to being the best character in the game with his lack of air game, below average zoning at best, and dependence on meter.

Vergil is free without XF and meter. Magneto isn't. Take away assists, take away meter, take away XF, Magneto stomps the living **** out of Vergil in nearly every department. I don't get what's so hard about seeing characters at their base forms. Because yeah, Vergil is a better anchor than Mags with XF3, but Mags shouldn't be slept on.

This whole 'Lord Vergil' trend is getting really old really fast. Why doesn't ANYONE on this god forsaken site account for his weaknesses when trying to make a respectable argument with the character.

Prozac was saying that the poll asks "when everything in terms of abilities, assists, placement, etc. is considered, who is ultimately the best" and he responded with Vergil for the reasons he stated.

I disagree with him because the answer is Doom, you can win without Vergil, you CAN'T win without Doom. Doom is the most important character to have on your team.

As for Mags and Vergil, we're both looking at the topic question as "well rounded" in which I think we can both agree Magneto is the answer because he does very well at everything, and there's nothing that he isn't good at. He's got it all, mobility, damage, tac combos, good dhc, good hypers, good assist, good in any position.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#32KNITEMAREXPosted 3/24/2013 10:21:11 AM
Doom can't be the most well-rounded when he gets bodied in so many matchups
#33RoccoRedPosted 3/24/2013 10:24:38 AM
I know Magneto is better overall but I just have to pick Amaterasu.

*Sobs* Screw you CAPCOM for not making her god-tier!

At least she has a god-tier assist... ;~;
---
Xbox: KeroTenu
PSN: Omagiri_Dragon
#34Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/24/2013 10:43:42 AM
KNITEMAREX posted...
Doom can't be the most well-rounded when he gets bodied in so many matchups

He isn't the most well rounded, he's simply the best character in the game because his team asset value is so high, that it more than makes up for the areas he slightly lacks in. You can't deny Doom's ability to let people win at the game.

Champ put Doom on his team and won several majors.

Marliepie switched out Mags for Doom and won two majors and perfected Champ twice

ChrisG started using Doom and won a ton of majors

PR Rog started using Doom and wins more now.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#35BlackEnergy11Posted 3/24/2013 10:58:38 AM
Between Mags Doom and Vergil..... I voted Doom because dat 1 mil hp tips him slightly over Vergil and Mag and Zero too actually...could you all imagine Mags Vergil or Zero with 1mil hp?
---
psn: neogunz1985
4th Lord Mains: ***Sentinel*** This is my Sentinel, there are many others like it but this one is mine. ;)
#36ProzacStylingsPosted 3/24/2013 12:15:19 PM
Killarock404 posted...
RetroStyle777 posted...
No Dante love? He can zone, rush down, he has good assists, and he can either be on-point, mid, or anchor. He takes skill to use, but when someone takes the time to learn him, he just kills the competition.

I honestly think Dante is underrated. The fact the can rushdown and runaway effectively, great mixup options, great mobility, TAC potential, goes even or positive matchups, and great assist.

His only real downside is that the knock back on his normals, as well as his normals being a bit slower than most, bad throws, and t his damage output is slightly below the rest of the top-tiers.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things in both departments.

Dante does not have great mixups. He has an 8-frame low, a high minimum-height-for-airdash and no overhead(re: a ~15-20+ frame high), and no ground throw worth using. He has nothing to make an opponent want to stay on the ground, and blockstun -> teleport+assist is all he's got.

Dante does not have TAC potential. His TAC infinite is exceptionally difficult, the entire way through, and it does laughable damage; that means you have to do it(this difficult thing) over and over again for ~2-3k damage a rep until you drop it and wish you'd done knockdown -> hyper instead. There is a reason no serious dante player has even done it in casuals.

Does does not "always go even or positive" in matchups. Dante gets trashed by Zero, and has a lot of stupid unfavorable matchups(Like hulk and v.joe). Any character that can effectively hold up the whole match, or takes advantage of his slow normals(re: Cap, for both), is a pain in the ass matchup for him.

He does not "just kill the competition", which is why he's been fading from the pro scene since Day 1.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#37ProzacStylingsPosted 3/24/2013 12:25:14 PM
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
Best all around character does not mean best well-rounded character. It means "Best character, while looking at all angles."

Vergil.

His XF3 is that good, and poised to get better. His on-point abilities are very strong. He is currently the best character in the game, IMO, even with lackluster/mid-tier assists.

Prozac, please tell me how XF3 comes even remotely close to being a valid point when it comes to someone being a well rounded character. He needs XF3 the capitalize on his assets. I mean yeah, he's good, but he isn't ANYWHERE close to being the best character in the game with his lack of air game, below average zoning at best, and dependence on meter.

Vergil is free without XF and meter. Magneto isn't. Take away assists, take away meter, take away XF, Magneto stomps the living **** out of Vergil in nearly every department. I don't get what's so hard about seeing characters at their base forms. Because yeah, Vergil is a better anchor than Mags with XF3, but Mags shouldn't be slept on.

This whole 'Lord Vergil' trend is getting really old really fast. Why doesn't ANYONE on this god forsaken site account for his weaknesses when trying to make a respectable argument with the character.

The topic/poll doesn't as who the most well rounded character is. Reading comprehension for the win.

Vergil is the best character in the game, IMO. This is what the topic is asking, as it is phrased. Doom is a strong consideration, but IMO, Vergil is better. All around. Including all aspects. Comprehensive.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#38SGleader1Posted 3/24/2013 2:58:34 PM
ProzacStylings posted...
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

Vergil.

The topic/poll doesn't as who the most well rounded character is. Reading comprehension for the win.

Vergil is the best character in the game, IMO. This is what the topic is asking, as it is phrased. Doom is a strong consideration, but IMO, Vergil is better. All around. Including all aspects. Comprehensive.

Yeah, including all aspects. It says best all around character. All around, Vergil isn't the best character in the game. The whole me not comprehending bit is a weak attempt at trying to debunk my argument.

He's a good anchor, solid point, decent mid, but when you take away meter and XF from Vergil, he's a sitting duck. Plain and simple. Now if this was a topic on best all around anchors, then yeah. But Vergil isn't anywhere close to being better than Doom.

I'm not even gonna argue this anymore. Time for another hiatus from theory faqs, this place is getting ridiculous.
---
Taking a break from Marvel. Playing Bayonetta, Blazblue, MK9, KOF 13, SF: 2012 AE, SFxT, and Kingdoms of Amlalur.
#39ProzacIsBackPosted 3/24/2013 3:17:24 PM
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
SGleader1 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

Vergil.

Yeah, including all aspects. It says best all around character. All around, Vergil isn't the best character in the game. The whole me not comprehending bit is a weak attempt at trying to debunk my argument.

He's a good anchor, solid point, decent mid, but when you take away meter and XF from Vergil, he's a sitting duck. Plain and simple. Now if this was a topic on best all around anchors, then yeah. But Vergil isn't anywhere close to being better than Doom.

I'm not even gonna argue this anymore. Time for another hiatus from theory faqs, this place is getting ridiculous.

When you take meter and XF away from Doom, Doom is pretty bad.

With meter and XF, Vergil >>>> Doom.

It's nice and all that you apparently think Doom is the best thing since sliced bread; but I'm certainly not alone in the sentiment that Vergil is the best character in the game, even amongst pros.

And considering the topic question can be rephrased accurately and directly as a simple "Who is the best character?", if you don't like me saying Vergil, you can go cry~
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#40Killarock404Posted 3/24/2013 3:33:39 PM(edited)
ProzacStylings posted...

Thanks for clearing the Dante part up, but I disagree with you saying Vergil is the best character in the game. Especially since Zero exist.