Gamefaqs, help me improve my game.

#1Z3R01337Posted 3/25/2013 11:11:15 PM
So first of all I apologize in advance for the walls of text & my team is Spencer/Dante/Hawkeye.

So I've started going to the runback the last few months and I feel over that time I have improved a lot. However I'm still doing pretty terrible in tourney and I need to step my game up even more. I recognize some of my issues like my execution which is due to my terrible ps2 pad + converter and to my choking under pressure. IMO I also lack fundamentals/footsies. If you see anything else I gotta work on let me know.

I also need some help with certain match ups with my team, mainly Zero, Wolverine, Magneto, Dormammu, Vergil, (more specifically on incoming), Cap and Task specifically with my team, and short characters in general. And this is where I need your help. Any advice for these match-ups for these characters would be great and if your good with any of those characters I'd love to run some sets with you. I'll leave my PSN at the bottom.

I don't have much recorded footage I can show. Only offline footage I have is my game vs Hypnawtik at the last runback (also my first game on stream). It was a really sloppy set over all. Just a heads up any random s.S from my Spencer was supposed to be a zip. I also had some games on Phonytoast's stream but I doubt I'll be able to dig those up.
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/380695699 my match starts at 55:21.

I know my characters pretty well but I do still have a few questions.

Spencer:
If you've watched Yipes play his Spencer team you'll see that he converts a lot of his air zip forward + Hawkeye assists with j.H > dash forward > j.LHS. A lot of the time when I attempt this I whiff the j.H and don't have enough time to do the dash > LHS part. I pretty sure it's a spacing/assist timing thing but if anyone has any insight on this it would be nice.

Also, any idea how to convert off of the grab/Armor Piercer option select? Dash s.M doesn't reach on most characters. Same question for f.H > Armor Piercer on small characters (Zero specifically).

Dante:
Just a general how to deal with up back + pushblock would be nice. That seems to be my biggest issue with him. Dash up grab works but it feels high risk low reward since getting that grab requires proper spacing and you don't get too much off of it.

Hawkeye:
Definitely my worst character on my team right now so any advice would be great. I got a basic grasp of how to play him I need to work on his arrow patterns, when to press what buttons, resets, etc.

PSN: XxZ3R01337xX
If you wanna get some games just send me a friend request I'm pretty busy right now with school but I should be able to get some games by Wednesday Night.
#2SONIC_305Posted 3/25/2013 11:36:17 PM
Ill help you out with zero for match up experience. Also didnt know you go to the runback. I gp there sometimes but dont join the tournies lol.
---
Japan PSN: Sonikku305 US PSN: KlonoaxGuntz
Games Playing: SASRT, BBCS:EX, UMVC3, KOF XIII
#3KingandqueensPosted 3/25/2013 11:50:23 PM
Don't I have you on PSN?
I would've swore you play a Thor/Shulk/Doom(or Task) team.
---
Want to body me in UMVC3? PSN: rad_russian
http://tinyurl.com/7ksbmk2 - http://tinyurl.com/buofm5m
#4Z3R01337(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:17:11 PM
SONIC_305 posted...
Ill help you out with zero for match up experience. Also didnt know you go to the runback. I gp there sometimes but dont join the tournies lol.

Great hopefully we can get some games soon. I've been there a few times I don't go to often. I'm actually planning on going this week. Why don't enter?

@Kingandqueens
Yeah you do lol
I used to run She-Hulk/Thor/Doom but I dropped it. Too many bad matchups. :(
#5Z3R01337(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 9:54:48 PM
Hey Sonic I sent you a friend request your friends list is full.

A bit of an update, I had my best performance at the runback so far last week. I went 5-2 losing to Infrit in winners and Steve Moreno in losers. Also realized that my biggest weakness right now is my lack of fundamentals and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to improve on that.?
#6SONIC_305Posted 3/31/2013 10:02:21 PM
Z3R01337 posted...
Hey Sonic I sent you a friend request your friends list is full.

A bit of an update, I had my best performance at the runback so far last week. I went 5-2 losing to Infrit in winners and Steve Moreno in losers. Also realized that my biggest weakness right now is my lack of fundamentals and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to improve on that.?

oops sorry about that let me just delete someone that hasnt been on for 6 months.
---
Japan PSN: Sonikku305 US PSN: KlonoaxGuntz
Games Playing: SASRT, BBCS:EX, UMVC3, KOF XIII