remind me why this game is random

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. remind me why this game is random
2 years ago#1
I remember having that thought when I think about marvel.

but now, after watching several battles, I now can see why X occurs. it is no longer a random thing
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Founder of Top Tier Heroes - Recruits: 1
(edited by Alom_o_mola)
2 years ago#2
50/50 mixups all day
hypers with actual random stuff (strider animals, okami shuffle, etc)
glitches
tacs
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Bioshock Infinite
(edited by serpentaurus)
2 years ago#3
tac
2 years ago#4
People misuse the word random.
2 years ago#5
Patrick7286 posted...

---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
2 years ago#6
"random" is faster then "sloppy game design and stupid ****"
2 years ago#7
"Random" is generally used as an excuse for why someone lost.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
2 years ago#8
Patrick7286 posted...

---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
2 years ago#9
It's because this game has so many possible mixups, unblockables, and really-hard-to-block-ables.
2 years ago#10
Because people:

- Assume they have/will have perfect execution and compare about randomness when they drop combos
- Assume all combos start with H and don't know how to adjust when they need to hit confirm with 2 Ls
- Assume Zero/Vergil/Viper are god tier and have no bad matchups, when they do
- Think health is irrelevant and complain when their low health teams get TOD easily
- Complain about lvl 3 XF rather than learning how to deal with it
- Complain about TACs rather than learning how to predict it
- Insist on playing characters they like and staying away from they ones they don't
- Think all they need are brain dead teleport mixups to win, and refuse to learn the fundamentals
- Complain that mixups can't be block, rather than learning how to deal with them
- Think they are godlike when they pick top tiers and shouldn't need to respect Hulk/Haggar/Phoenix.
- Say that this game is scrub friendly and easiest fighting game ever, then cry when they get bodied

Did I miss anything?
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. remind me why this game is random

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived