Why do people have such big egos over this game?

#1sbn4Posted 3/29/2013 8:38:25 PM
Serious question. Some people seem to get so caught up in who's good or not. Getting into arguments over who's "free" or who got "bodied" (idiotic jargon IMO), and who beat who more, etc. Some people on this board are notorious for this.

I noticed when I frequented Soul Calibur or Tekken boards, this wasn't as much an issue. So what is it in UMvC3 that brings out the conceited side in some.?
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2TheMoralessStarPosted 3/29/2013 8:46:21 PM
Soul Calibur = Tennis
Tekken = Volleyball
Marvel = Boxing

You can't be a nice boxer. That doesn't work.
---
PSN: shakobe Twitter:@Moons_Fanclub
YouTube.com/rydermcgooey
#3MillionGunmannnPosted 3/29/2013 8:54:31 PM
May I ask what is your main team, TC?
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:06:22 PM
I'm currently experiencing a team crisis. I use Chris and Trish on the same team due to character loyalty. However, I can't find a decent third. I need a good anti air. Problem is, Dante doesn't click with me even though I can bold cancel. I hate Dr. Doom even if he's the best fit, and Strider seems really hit or miss and doesn't do much for Trish. If I go for Doom, my team would be extremely crappy against a good Hawkeye. I use a bunch of other characters as well.

But what does my team have to do with things?
---
#5TakuruPosted 3/30/2013 12:16:34 AM
I don't think you understand the community TC.

It's like insults in breakdancing or rap. Most of the "popping off" is just for fun. It's just to build hype and promote competitiveness.
---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/csa_zpse392a5e8.gif http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/s_zpsa7dec947.jpg
#6Chat NoirPosted 3/30/2013 12:35:27 AM
sbn4 posted...
I'm currently experiencing a team crisis. I use Chris and Trish on the same team due to character loyalty. However, I can't find a decent third. I need a good anti air. Problem is, Dante doesn't click with me even though I can bold cancel. I hate Dr. Doom even if he's the best fit, and Strider seems really hit or miss and doesn't do much for Trish. If I go for Doom, my team would be extremely crappy against a good Hawkeye. I use a bunch of other characters as well.

But what does my team have to do with things?

Try to think different. Instead of picking an assist that helps their bad matchups, why not use a character who does better against those matchups?
I had the same prob with my Cap. Didn't want to use Vajra or Missiles to fight SJ zoning, so I just put IM in the team who's better at dealing with it.
#7P0LAND_SpringsPosted 3/30/2013 12:39:47 AM
Age group
---
Natural Spring Water from Maine Since 1845
#8sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 12:44:45 AM
Ah. Okay. So is it just friendly here as well? Perhaps sarcasm is hard to detect here, but some genuinely seem to take it serious.

And I've also tried many variants with Chris/Trish. Hawkeye sorta has good matchups with ones that are bad for Chris/Trish, so I put him on anchor and tag when needed. I'd rather not drop these two together honestly.
---
#9NoizyChildPosted 3/30/2013 12:49:49 AM
Ah. Okay. So is it just friendly here as well? Perhaps sarcasm is hard to detect here, but some genuinely seem to take it serious.

You actually got it right.

You can sometimes tell the difference between friendly trash talk and serious trash talk.

Friendly is basically how Zan, Koga, JDM, and Telly act around each other.

Serious is along the lines of Slyde, Fated, etc.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#10hiphopheraldPosted 3/30/2013 2:26:29 AM
TheMoralessStar posted...
Soul Calibur = Tennis
Tekken = Bowling
Marvel = Boxing