So why did Fanatiq drop that match vs Chris G?

#1matrix0523Posted 4/2/2013 9:06:34 PM
I don't see the reasoning behind it. What possible reason could he have for throwing?
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#2TaizukuPosted 4/2/2013 9:07:40 PM
Pot split. Figured Chris had a better chance at winning the whole tournament.

That's what I figure.
---
They don't have Tuesday in Outworld, Shao Khan banned it, they simply have 2 Mondays so that Outworld residents can be twice as miserable about going to work.
#3Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/2/2013 9:20:30 PM
Many have speculated that it was because being that they are both sponsored by AGE, Fanatiq let ChrisG win figuring he had a better chance of winning the whole thing.

I don't think it mattered much since as Yipes said: ChrisG probably would have beaten him anyway.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#4I_liek_mudkiepsPosted 4/2/2013 9:27:01 PM
cant spell stAGEd without AGE
#5MK9_ProdigyPosted 4/2/2013 9:46:12 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Many have speculated that it was because being that they are both sponsored by AGE, Fanatiq let ChrisG win figuring he had a better chance of winning the whole thing.

I don't think it mattered much since as Yipes said: ChrisG probably would have beaten him anyway.

all of this.

Truking posted this as well, and he was hanging out with them at FR, so I'll take his word on it.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3 Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil | Zero/Doom/Vergil | ZMC
#61TruKingPosted 4/2/2013 10:22:30 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

Its because chris had a better chance of winning it over all. There was NO pot split at all. Yipes said chris would've won and its possible but honestly Fanatiq probably would've run the spencer team against him and Chris did go with his akuma team and 3 of the 4 games they played fanatiq would've won. Chris would've likely switched to the vergil team after the 2nd loss however fanatiq is VERY good with team knives and it does match up rather well against morridoom so I think its naive to say it was a sure thing. Fanatiq isn't the type to panic on vergil like so many people do so there is a good chance he could've won anyway. From there the only person that really had a shot at beating fanatiq was knives, flocker, champ and maybe moons. I think rayray still loses to him. He gave up a pretty decent 3rd place money in favor of his team getting 1st place. Surprisingly selfless act in my opinion.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#7NoJobBobPosted 4/2/2013 10:23:38 PM
Taizuku posted...
Pot split. Figured Chris had a better chance at winning the whole tournament.

That's what I figure.

Youre crazy if you think they split the pot
#8Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/3/2013 4:16:38 AM
1TruKing posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

Its because chris had a better chance of winning it over all. There was NO pot split at all. Yipes said chris would've won and its possible but honestly Fanatiq probably would've run the spencer team against him and Chris did go with his akuma team and 3 of the 4 games they played fanatiq would've won. Chris would've likely switched to the vergil team after the 2nd loss however fanatiq is VERY good with team knives and it does match up rather well against morridoom so I think its naive to say it was a sure thing. Fanatiq isn't the type to panic on vergil like so many people do so there is a good chance he could've won anyway. From there the only person that really had a shot at beating fanatiq was knives, flocker, champ and maybe moons. I think rayray still loses to him. He gave up a pretty decent 3rd place money in favor of his team getting 1st place. Surprisingly selfless act in my opinion.

I doubt the act was selfless, Fanatiq is all business, he got something out of it.
---
#91TruKingPosted 4/3/2013 6:10:03 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
1TruKing posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

I doubt the act was selfless, Fanatiq is all business, he got something out of it.

What part of I was there talking and hanging out with them are people not getting? They aren't going to put on an act just for my benefit and of they were not wanting something to get poor they would say don't mention it. He intended to talk to the sponsor about comp but none was promised and I'd he got none he was fine with it.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#10Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/3/2013 6:15:53 AM
1TruKing posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
1TruKing posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...

What part of I was there talking and hanging out with them are people not getting? They aren't going to put on an act just for my benefit and of they were not wanting something to get poor they would say don't mention it. He intended to talk to the sponsor about comp but none was promised and I'd he got none he was fine with it.

That's nice, but Fanatiq has a reputation for being about "dat paypah" so you'll have to forgive me if I don't buy the altruist act. I'm not demeaning him in any way for caring about money, it's just that he's never been known to do things like this if there wasnt something in it for him at some point, even if it wasnt gonna be soon.
---