The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 5

#21scaler24(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 2:40:07 PM
Also, Catkiller. While you're here, could you give me some tips and tell me what I did wrong in our set? That was beyond free and I would really like to improve.

It seems like I only started picking up after you changed your Nova team.
---
The Official Miles Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney 5 Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#22catkiller904Posted 4/11/2013 3:35:30 PM
scaler24 posted...
Also, Catkiller. While you're here, could you give me some tips and tell me what I did wrong in our set? That was beyond free and I would really like to improve.

It seems like I only started picking up after you changed your Nova team.

Sure.

In general, you were kinda flowcharty. Your movement with Zero was pretty rigid, and what makes it worse is the lack of a good neutral assist. But eh, that's something you gotta deal with if you wanna stick with your team. You need to mix it up in the neutral game, use more Buster-canceled Raikousens, Hadengeki, etc. Zero can confirm off so much random **** it's not even funny, so throw out random ****. Play Cross, maybe. I mean, he's free (<3) and all, but he's been playing Zero for like...ever. He's very fluid, always doing something. It should be hard to get Zero on the defensive.

Wright relied on that THC with Ammy; if I used my Spencer team, I would probably have blown it up with Arm. I dunno if Maya goes through it, but even if she did, I would've hit Wright and Ammy anyway, I think, at most distances. Even without being able to blow it up, it's a gimmick; you're wasting two bars for (usually) no damage, no mixups...just to get evidence. And sometimes it doesn't even get him 3 good pieces. And it doesn't help him actually land the objection. Once you did get the evidence, it was pretty much just SJing at me and doing raw objections. I dunno, it didn't seem like a good idea. When I did get hit, it was usually because I was being stupid and thinking I could beat it, or calling an assist in your path. I was also dumb by blocking low against Turnabout Wright a couple times; and then my TK Hard Drives wouldn't come out, and I got hit out of that, etc etc.

Ammy was just f.H for days. You really needed to use her instant overhead (especially on Sent, who can be IOH'd by just j.H; there's no reason Sent should be blocking you in XF3), and the glaive more, and her 3 or 4-frame jab, and paper, and sometimes Cold Star. Good use of the counter though, for the most part; you sometimes overdid it though. When I saw you started abusing the counter, I'd just hyper on reaction. I'm sure you watch Marlinpie, and Moons, and other pro Ammys. Study 'em.

So I guess in general, the biggest problem was a lack of adaptation to matchups and tactics. You have two characters adept at switching styles for different matchups (and Wright), but you didn't do it. Other stuff was mostly because of online, I think, so it doesn't matter. Stuff like finishing combos, hit confirms, etc., all pretty much because of lag. But you do need matchup experience, an actual gameplan, coughcoughbettercharacterthanwrightcoughcough( >___> ), and more fluidity in your play.
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://i.imgur.com/5o47Ew6.png
#23apexcrushPosted 4/11/2013 5:27:23 PM
building a phoenix team an i cant figure out who to put in the middle

i got wesker on point phoenix on anchor....whos a good mid? looking for someone who doesnt rely on meter and is relatively easy to use
#24DreamSwordPosted 4/11/2013 6:54:37 PM
apexcrush posted...

i got wesker on point phoenix on anchor....whos a good mid? looking for someone who doesnt rely on meter and is relatively easy to use

Haggar.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#25zombie13579Posted 4/11/2013 7:04:06 PM
DreamSword posted...
apexcrush posted...

Haggar.

Lmao!

Serious note: Doom, taskmaster, blah blah, "most" people with a horizontal assist works
---
PSN: zombie13579 and NsB-Z0MB1E
Playing: UMvC3, LBP series, League of Legends, L4D2
#26scaler24(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 7:24:07 PM
Thanks a lot for your advice, Catkiller! I was noticing the problem aswell. My gameplan is very flowcharty, and because of that I tend to get bopped by smarter players.

My main problem with Zero is that I get really nervious. He has so little health that I'm afraid I could get hit, so I Hienkyaku H all day. Also, I suck at cancelling Buster into Hienkyaku L for some reason.

And you're totally right. I rely way too much on the Okami THC. I guess I'll only learn from experience. I get really nervious when playing this game XD

And yeah. I normally think of my Reflectors as a lifesaver, so I tend to overuse them in a long set. Will definitely work on that.

Thanks a lot for your advice. You are a great player. I'm sure you'll be able to easily fight the best guys on the board in no time :)

And sorry for answering late, I was really busy.
---
The Official Miles Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney 5 Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#27bmtripPosted 4/11/2013 7:25:18 PM
Thank christ this thread is back.
---
It's a fact im the seventh son.
PSN triptonious
#28bmtripPosted 4/11/2013 7:45:23 PM
I won't be on much this week or weekend but ill need some help refining my krill.having the hardest time getting opners going which makes getrmg Frank west to pimp west harder. Next week is my short week if you are me on hit me up!
---
It's a fact im the seventh son.
PSN triptonious
#29DreamSwordPosted 4/12/2013 5:37:39 PM
So I booted up the game a little while ago and...

Oh. My. God.

It was almost as though I'd never even played the game before. My hands felt odd all through my lab training to the point where I was even screwing up the simplest of Wesker combos. I really need to get back into the swing of this thing. And since I just Platinum'd the Jak HD Collection, that means more time for this and PSASBR.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#30zombie13579Posted 4/12/2013 5:50:00 PM
DreamSword posted...
So I booted up the game a little while ago and...

Oh. My. God.

It was almost as though I'd never even played the game before. My hands felt odd all through my lab training to the point where I was even screwing up the simplest of Wesker combos. I really need to get back into the swing of this thing. And since I just Platinum'd the Jak HD Collection, that means more time for this and PSASBR.

Are you still online?
I was afk but I wanna play some games!
---
PSN: zombie13579 and NsB-Z0MB1E
Playing: UMvC3, LBP series, League of Legends, L4D2