New player to MvC games

#1SgtGalaxyPosted 4/13/2013 7:56:08 AM
Btw im coming from SSF4 AE(im not that good at that but im decent) and I never really played a MVC game before but I know the basic stuff even some basic combos but im just not use to this game style any advice or does someone wanna practice with me

I use Vergil(or dante)/Akuma/phoenix

I use vergil and dante because I like them from dmc and they are good in this game vergil I can somewhat use dante has so many moves it confuses me some times so I use vergil more because I like how he plays better

Akuma because he is from SF and easy for me to pick up and a good assist

Phoenix because Dark Phoenix Anchor

play on Xbox so yea the reason im posting he because its more active and better players on ps3
---
GT:Fallen AtH
#2apexcrushPosted 4/13/2013 8:06:35 AM
i would stick to vergil bc hes a little easier than dante and akuma is good but i would drop phoenix bc she doesnt fit on ur team...vergil and akuma use a lot of meter especially vergil so ull never get those 5 bars for phoenix

find a point character and put akuma at the 2 and vergil is the best anchor in the game trust me
#3SgtGalaxy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 8:12:57 AM
apexcrush posted...
i would stick to vergil bc hes a little easier than dante and akuma is good but i would drop phoenix bc she doesnt fit on ur team...vergil and akuma use a lot of meter especially vergil so ull never get those 5 bars for phoenix

find a point character and put akuma at the 2 and vergil is the best anchor in the game trust me

So who do you think is good to replace phoenix im trying out nova so
---
#4apexcrushPosted 4/13/2013 8:18:07 AM
well if those are the characters ur sticking to then nova is really a point character. vergil is an anchor on every team just watch the pros. nova akuma vergil is good in that order

use akumas lightning kick assist which is godlike with vergils quick slash (i think its called) and play around with it
#5SgtGalaxy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 8:29:57 AM
apexcrush posted...
well if those are the characters ur sticking to then nova is really a point character. vergil is an anchor on every team just watch the pros. nova akuma vergil is good in that order

use akumas lightning kick assist which is godlike with vergils quick slash (i think its called) and play around with it

Am also thinking of Wolverine because I like his character he is badass and I hear he is a really good on point
---
#6apexcrushPosted 4/13/2013 8:34:55 AM
SgtGalaxy posted...
apexcrush posted...

Am also thinking of Wolverine because I like his character he is badass and I hear he is a really good on point

thats even better wolverine akuma is one of the best and most effective duos in the game...wolverine with akumas lightning kick assist is so tuff to play against put vergil on anchor and thats a serious team.. no joke!!!

then just watch some youtube vids of a wolverine akuma team to get a feel of how they work together ( i hear its pretty easy to pull off sweet combos)
#7SgtGalaxy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 9:50:27 AM
apexcrush posted...
SgtGalaxy posted...
apexcrush posted...

thats even better wolverine akuma is one of the best and most effective duos in the game...wolverine with akumas lightning kick assist is so tuff to play against put vergil on anchor and thats a serious team.. no joke!!!

then just watch some youtube vids of a wolverine akuma team to get a feel of how they work together ( i hear its pretty easy to pull off sweet combos)

What are good assists for wolve and vergil
---
#8scaler24Posted 4/13/2013 10:17:17 AM
Wolverine can go either way as far as assists go. You will only tag him out when he's dying and want to get some health back.

Rapid Slash is a must for Vergil in your team.
---
The Official Miles Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney 5 Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy
#9SgtGalaxy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 10:32:39 AM
scaler24 posted...
Wolverine can go either way as far as assists go. You will only tag him out when he's dying and want to get some health back.

Rapid Slash is a must for Vergil in your team.

Just tryed it out seems awesome wolve is a solid point akuma assist with vergil is ridiculous

like this team so far

Any advice I still kinda suck at this game and I really wanna get better
---
#10scaler24Posted 4/13/2013 10:45:14 AM
You played SF4, so you should already have the fundamentals down, I guess. Blocking, spacing and footsies must be something you're familiar with.

I recemmend that you finish Mission Mode for your characters, learn each of their go-to combos and go to Our Crappy Player Thread. It's a great place where new players go, fight people of equal skill and learn different things until they're experienced enough to face the better players.
---
The Official Miles Edgeworth of the Ace Attorney 5 Board
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Ammy