Who's the better player?

#1InuyazeiahPosted 4/15/2013 1:59:35 PM
Who's the better player? - Results (86 votes)
Justin Wong
36.05% (31 votes)
Chris G
63.95% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Im curious as to who people think is the better player. After watching these two constantly, I would say JWong is still the better player. So many opportunities to wins and messes up. I also feel that he limits himself too much. His wolverine and Akuma are amazing, but storm is not that good a character and I feel is a liability to his team. Then he decides to change team, and uses Frank, a character who is a huge liability to a team if not leveled up. I feel that if Justin replaced storm in his main team or replaced Frank in his Spencer team, he would do better. There is always a character in his team that drags him down. Maybe he should try Wolverine/Spencer/Akuma and see how that works out. Anyways, that's just me. Thoughts?
#2FabuIousPosted 4/15/2013 2:09:13 PM
chris g is but i like watching wong's wolvie more.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#3matrix0523Posted 4/15/2013 2:12:40 PM
Justin Wong is washed up. Anyone who disagrees is in denial.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#4Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/15/2013 2:15:31 PM
JWong has a legacy, but right now ChrisG is clearly better.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#5OMEGA RUGALPosted 4/15/2013 2:18:31 PM
They are almost equals. In vanilla Chris G was still a top player while using a crappy team of Wesker, Ryu and Ammy and he was still competitive vs JWong who had a true top tier team of Wolverine and his derp invincible slash and top tier assist Akuma Tatsuand competitve against all other top players using phoenix and tron assist and haggar assist and Dante.

Now its Chris G with top tier team but at least JWongs team is still really good.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
The people that love to post in every VS thread are the same people that picked Wolverine to beat Lobo in the DC vs Marvel crossover
#6LandonioPosted 4/16/2013 6:00:27 AM
JWong's a little overrated at the moment just because he's
JWong. ChrisG's won a lot more over the past year+. I do believe that if Wong dropped all the other games he tries to play and focused mostly on Marvel (and played as much as people like FChamp and ChrisG did) he would probably be the best in the game.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY Edition, Banjo-Tooie HD, Ninja Gaiden II, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#7Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/16/2013 6:04:20 AM
Landonio posted...
JWong. ChrisG's won a lot more over the past year+. I do believe that if Wong dropped all the other games he tries to play and focused mostly on Marvel (and played as much as people like FChamp and ChrisG did) he would probably be the best in the game.

Maybe, but don't forget that ChrisG is excellent at lots of games, not just Marvel.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#8TruthAndJusticePosted 4/16/2013 7:00:08 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Landonio posted...

Maybe, but don't forget that ChrisG is excellent at lots of games, not just Marvel.

He's not nearly on the same level as Wong, Xian or Tokido, for example. That's why I think out of Wong and Chris G, Wong is fundamentally better (I think it speaks volumes that Justin has twice placed 2nd in a Major with new teams - I honestly don't see Chris G achieving that).
#9KafkafPosted 4/16/2013 7:04:03 AM
Justin Wong is better, but ChrisG is better in Marvel 3
---
Play F-Zero GX, it's a good game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nGCm8CQaM
#10OMEGA RUGALPosted 4/16/2013 7:12:38 AM(edited)
Landonio posted...

Chris G has won majors in Mortal Kombat, SkullGirls, Street Fighter X Tekken and placed really high in SFAE, KoF and Persona (I think he has won an AE major in an upset over Dieminion I think in Grand Finals but I am too lazy to look it up and confirm).

Don't be shocked if he wins an Injustice major as well.

Chris G plays pretty much the same if not more fighting games as Justin does. Before he even won a single major, the east coast was hyping him up to be the new Justin Wong.

I still personally think Justin is the better player overall but there is no denying that Chris G is at Justin's level and it can legitimately be argued that Chris G might be better.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
The people that love to post in every VS thread are the same people that picked Wolverine to beat Lobo in the DC vs Marvel crossover