Tough time getting into this game...

#1XphoenixedgeXPosted 4/18/2013 11:24:44 PM
I consider myself a huge fighting game fan and have played just about every major fighter online or competitively offline. While I'm definitely better at some fighters than others....I cant remember ever getting absolutely owned as much as I have in this game.
I just got what looked like infinite comboed by some Zero player and couldnt break the combo at all...good for a 100 HIT COMBO.

I'm more of a defensive/turtler style of player in fighting games, it seems like this game doesnt really reward solid defense with its seemingly unavoidable looping combos and brutal chip damage.
#2NoizyChildPosted 4/18/2013 11:28:23 PM
In Marvel, if you're blocking, you're losing.

The best defense is a good offense.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#3EM_MegaPosted 4/18/2013 11:36:37 PM
Play a keepaway team.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#4Killarock404Posted 4/18/2013 11:53:29 PM
Patience is important, but sometimes you have to make your enemy react a certain way that you want them to. What team do you use?
#5sbn4Posted 4/18/2013 11:55:52 PM
If you want to play defensive or zoning, you have to pick up Morrigan and Doom. I think Morrigan pretty much craps over all other zoning characters. And with Doom missiles, she can shut down most kinds of rush down. But the amount of dexterity required to play this team properly is pretty high.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6Digital ManaPosted 4/18/2013 11:58:53 PM
NoizyChild posted...
In Marvel, if you're blocking, you're losing.

The best defense is a good offense.

This is the best way for a new player to get his ass handed to him over and over and be frustrated... you have to learn when you SHOULD block or xfactor/super/dhc to safety or you're just going to get balled up over and over.
---
digitalmana#1467
#7XphoenixedgeX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 12:00:08 AM
I usually use X-23, Ryu and Shuma-Gorath. My second team is Dante, Trish and Dormammu.
#8NoizyChildPosted 4/19/2013 12:02:26 AM
This is the best way for a new player to get his ass handed to him over and over and be frustrated... you have to learn when you SHOULD block or xfactor/super/dhc to safety or you're just going to get balled up over and over.

Yeah, but what I meant was, if you're blocking more than attacking, you'll lose.

Plus, blocking leads to you getting opened up or getting chipped to death, depending on your XF situation.

I'm not saying he should rush in blindly, but this definitely isn't a game where you can turtle, which is what he said his play style was.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#9XphoenixedgeX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 12:02:38 AM
sbn4 posted...
If you want to play defensive or zoning, you have to pick up Morrigan and Doom. I think Morrigan pretty much craps over all other zoning characters. And with Doom missiles, she can shut down most kinds of rush down. But the amount of dexterity required to play this team properly is pretty high.

Never considered Morrigan as a good zoning character, maybe I'll look into using her.
#10Killarock404Posted 4/19/2013 12:11:27 AM(edited)
XphoenixedgeX posted...
I usually use X-23, Ryu and Shuma-Gorath. My second team is Dante, Trish and Dormammu.

Well X-23 is a rushdown heavy character. You have to go in with her. Ryu you can turtle with by chucking plasma and anti-air with shoryukens. Shuma I'm not 100% sure, but i think he is also geared more towards rushdown as well, but he is one of the more difficult characters to use in the cast.

The assist that really stands out for this team would be mystic ray. With that you can definitely turtle and get in. Maybe use Tatsu with Ryu as well to aid X-23. WIth X-23 your movement is very important. Her dashes are good so thats not a problem, but get used to doing her talon attacks. For example call mystic ray, do the horizontal talon attack and shuma will cover your approach.