Tough time getting into this game...

#11hyper_shadow_51Posted 4/19/2013 12:34:12 AM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
I usually use X-23, Ryu and Shuma-Gorath. My second team is Dante, Trish and Dormammu.

Between these two that second team is lookin pretty sexy
---
#12P1_JakePosted 4/19/2013 12:38:56 AM
Killarock404 posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...
I usually use X-23, Ryu and Shuma-Gorath. My second team is Dante, Trish and Dormammu.

Well X-23 is a rushdown heavy character. You have to go in with her. Ryu you can turtle with by chucking plasma and anti-air with shoryukens. Shuma I'm not 100% sure, but i think he is also geared more towards rushdown as well, but he is one of the more difficult characters to use in the cast.

This. At 830k X-23 doesn't have the health to really play a defensive game.She does have Weapon X Prime though, which is a good tool for turning the tables with all the invincibility it has to punish, say a beam super. Thats pretty general though. If you don't mind trying some change in your teams a bit, I can personally recommend Dante w/ Jam Session assist for X-23. Good lockdown especially for Silent Kill setups, keeps opponents out of the air (or Super Jump height where she has trouble confirming into combos), and can eat a few projectiles for you to ease your approach or aid your defense. For Dante, a well-timed Ankle Slice assist, say on an incoming character, can lead to some really nice mixups/unblockables since it hits low.
---
UMvC3: X-23(b)/Arthur(b)/Dante(a) - Chris(b)/Dante(a)/Strider(y)
GT: Mr Dante / Youtube.com/P1Jake
#13sbn4Posted 4/19/2013 3:30:58 AM
Never considered Morrigan as a good zoning character, maybe I'll look into using her.

Morrigan is pretty ridiculous when you get good with her. Look up Chris G as a reference. She's a healthy girl (at 950K health I believe), she has good normal, a small hurtbox, a get out of jail free level 1, high durability on her fire balls, great aerial mobility, incredibly safe because of her fly/unfly stuff. If you throw missiles on with her, you will frustrate a lot of people. But as I said, the execution for using Morrigan is pretty high. Her combos require several soul fists and flys/unflys to do good damage, and doing two fireballs is pretty tough (at least for me). Its only made worse online. She can also rushdown pretty well with cover of assist or her own soul fists. As I said, her normals are pretty good.

You could always play Hawkeye, Deadpool, or Trish whose execution is pretty brain dead in comparison if you want to turtle (though Deadpool is definitely the hardest of the bunch). I use all three, but they all have pretty noticeable flaws. Like Hawkeye not being good up close, and Trish doing little to no chip and dying pretty easily if she gets hit. This is why I prefer to play Trish more like a rushdown character. Deadpool has a lot of recovery on his guns, and despite having a good teleport, it needs to be used accordingly.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."