New tier lists should be based on...

#11sbn4Posted 4/22/2013 1:54:45 AM
I kind of felt this way a long time ago. Only a certain select group of characters are going to relevant from here on out. It seems like if you don't use Magneto, Doom, Vergil, Morrigan, Spencer, Zero, etc you don't really have a huge uphill battle in this game.

Its gotten to the point where even I've gone back on my word. I said I'd never use a top tier character or assist just to get ahead. I had to like them. But I think I'm just going to disregard that and just use Dr. Doom. Missiles really make a noticeable difference when I use my two mains on the same team.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#12SlydeSlymPosted 4/22/2013 4:11:24 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
They are.

If you don't beat morrigan, spencer, vergil, wolverine or doom you're low tier. It's not like street fighter where you look at how a character does against the whole cast. God tier is too strong in this game and in a few months it'll be like mvc2 where nobody picks anything but god tier and assists. Who cares if you beat spiderman really bad.

I don't think so. Sure the winners will only be "god tier" I guess but unknown just got second with friggin' sentinel and wesker.

Too many characters in this game have bull **** you can abuse and get away with. I disagree honestly.

There were like 3 weskers in top 8, a character FChamp even referred to as "irrelevant" so I don't think so.

That's what I'm talking about though, this tournament had so many jobber characters that the results don't mean anything. You look at Unknown getting 2nd with Wesker and you think wow maybe Wesker did good but he beat Rayray's Ryu, another Wesker and got beat down hard by Chris G.

Nobody played god tier teams at this tournament but Chris and Ryry, nobody was good at this tournament besides Chris and Ray Ray and Ray Ray played stupid. Bad characters beat up on other bad characters and Chris won again.

Unknown even got lucky in the grand finals and the matches still weren't close or entertaining mostly because he had Wesker and Sentinel and needed more than just 1 or 2 lucky spots to win.
#13MK9_ProdigyPosted 4/22/2013 5:01:02 AM
SlydeSlym posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
They are.

If you don't beat morrigan, spencer, vergil, wolverine or doom you're low tier. It's not like street fighter where you look at how a character does against the whole cast. God tier is too strong in this game and in a few months it'll be like mvc2 where nobody picks anything but god tier and assists. Who cares if you beat spiderman really bad.

I don't think so. Sure the winners will only be "god tier" I guess but unknown just got second with friggin' sentinel and wesker.

Too many characters in this game have bull **** you can abuse and get away with. I disagree honestly.

There were like 3 weskers in top 8, a character FChamp even referred to as "irrelevant" so I don't think so.

That's what I'm talking about though, this tournament had so many jobber characters that the results don't mean anything. You look at Unknown getting 2nd with Wesker and you think wow maybe Wesker did good but he beat Rayray's Ryu, another Wesker and got beat down hard by Chris G.

Nobody played god tier teams at this tournament but Chris and Ryry, nobody was good at this tournament besides Chris and Ray Ray and Ray Ray played stupid. Bad characters beat up on other bad characters and Chris won again.

Unknown even got lucky in the grand finals and the matches still weren't close or entertaining mostly because he had Wesker and Sentinel and needed more than just 1 or 2 lucky spots to win.

I know.. it was pretty bad lol. Makes me wonder what I could have done there. :(
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3:Zero/Doom/Vergil; Injustice: Lex Luthor, Ares, Green Lantern
#14Telly2588Posted 4/22/2013 5:19:35 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SlydeSlym posted...
They are.

Don't count Zack Morris out yet! =)
---
PSN: BksOnlyHoP3
Yeezy taught me.
#15FabuIousPosted 4/22/2013 9:15:39 AM
this was the least hype i've ever been for a major...
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#16TruthAndJusticePosted 4/22/2013 11:02:28 AM
It wasn't a major. It's very, very unlikely Unknown would get 2nd in a major.