Looking for a way to up my game.

#1RonaldoKunPosted 4/22/2013 9:51:32 PM
Hey guys, I've been in the lab for days! Days. I play online, win some, lost some. Then I finally got a tourney close to me so I go and end up getting bodied free. I play pad and definitely see myself moving up to fightstick but I just don't have the free time to learn and I don't want the only time I have to play marvel it's me being frustrated with the Fightstick.

I play online do okay, get bodied in local play. Any tips?

I play Cap/Vergil/Doom. Captain is looking pretty decent yet my Vergil and Doom need a lot of work. I don't know how to perfect the timing of rising sun with Vergil then jump up and continue the combo. With Doom I have no clue how to fly/unfly and do the medium combo.

Thanks for the help
---
Do The Impossible, See the Invisible Row! Row! Fight The Power
XBL GT: Black Raikage PSN ID: BlackRaikage
#2liltaggPosted 4/22/2013 11:03:51 PM
Don't play online.

Play a ton of casuals at offline gatherings. If there are tourneys going on, there's going to be other offline stuff. Find it. Play it. Ignore online, it's terrible, especially this far into a game's life where the majority of people playing online are online warriors who have a gameplan that revolves around the inherent input lag that exists and abuse it as much as possible.

This is not -every- player, but it is a significant majority of the ones that are left. If, somehow, you can't find anything aside from the one tourney, find people on here that have good connections that are better than you, and hope they're willing to grind out matches with you. You will not improve in any significant way by playing against randoms online in a game here or there.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#3thedarksunPosted 4/23/2013 12:30:22 AM
Drop Cap, pick up Wolverine.
#4ZekiraPosted 4/23/2013 4:12:27 AM
Didn't read the whole message, but just some input: if you want to keep Captain America, consider making your team Cap/Vergil/Sentinel or Cap/Sentinel/Vergil instead. Captain America's best assist is Sentinel Force, and Vergil can get use out of the said assist too.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' best Felicia, Amaterasu, Hiryu. Possibly best Hiryu in the world. PS3/PS2 pad warrior