Why is Chris G so successful?

#1DX1900Posted 4/25/2013 4:07:00 AM
What is the real reason he is DOMINATING UMvC3? - Results (251 votes)
Morridoom, the combination is just too powerful
36.25% (91 votes)
Chris G is just that good
63.75% (160 votes)
This poll is now closed.
poll
#2MarvelinhoPosted 4/25/2013 4:33:50 AM
Maybe both?
#3NewuserPosted 4/25/2013 4:59:53 AM(edited)
Because people don't respect him. People keep complaining about how OP his Morrigan is, but how many people out there acknowledge him as being one of the best Doom players? Yet there's pretty much no Doom player out there who's as good in fishing for the air throws and foot dives as he does. And his Vergil has improved tremendously over time too. Just look at him vs J Wong at Texas Showdown, J Wong managed to defeat Chris G's Morrigan everytime (except once) yet he had no answer to his Doom.

If people start respecting Chris G's Doom as being as big if not a bigger threat than his Morrigan they might start being able to beat him.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#4MrMarkPoloPosted 4/25/2013 5:06:16 AM
Newuser posted...

If people start respecting Chris G's Doom as being as big if not a bigger threat than his Morrigan they might start being able to beat him.

This, especially for the fact that if you can eliminate the HM assist then you have dealt him a large blow. Not saying its over then because you are likely dealing with Dark Vergil... but it will make playing against him a bit more manageable.

I suppose snapping out Morrigan to get to Doom is almost a better option than snapping out Morrigan to get to Vergil. Sniping him Doom when he calls the assist is easier said than done as he usually makes it incredibly safe.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, UMvC3, Demon's Souls (hiatus)
#5GreivorPosted 4/25/2013 5:14:21 AM
A combination of both I'd say.
---
Zero - Making my day since 11/15/11.
#6EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 4/25/2013 6:18:59 AM
Id imagine hes so successful because dumb people keep trying to make excuses about something being broken in the vain hope Capcom will nerf it
---
The [OSMBV] Harbinger of Newbie Death and MODOK Avenger of GameFAQs
Reigning Sorcerer Supreme of the GameFAQs dimension
#7I_liek_mudkiepsPosted 4/25/2013 6:19:30 AM
combination of both...

you can see jrosa using moridoom and destroying people but he hasn't mastered the team yet....

chris g needs to just stop crying when he loses and hes good
#8CaZbaR19Posted 4/25/2013 6:21:14 AM
People play terrible teams

If Chris G is playing Akuma and everyone else is playing Dan the outcome is pretty clear to me..
Its Marvel, people need to pick better characters and build better teams.
Thats why Chris G is sucessful
---
PSN = SagaFX
The Dr Strange Guru
#9SSJ_JinPosted 4/25/2013 6:47:48 AM
When ChrisG wasn't using Morr/Doom he wasn't winning. So it can't be "he's just that good."
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#10MarvelinhoPosted 4/25/2013 7:21:46 AM
CaZbaR19 posted...
People play terrible teams

If Chris G is playing Akuma and everyone else is playing Dan the outcome is pretty clear to me..
Its Marvel, people need to pick better characters and build better teams.
Thats why Chris G is sucessful

Did you really said that?