Wolverine is top 10 right?

#31Lord_Shadow_19Posted 5/11/2013 8:55:29 AM
ProzacStylings posted...
Swagnet0 posted...
Can I get a link to these 900k Wesker combos?

I'm 99.9% sure he hits 900k solo with shotloops.

Here's 2 combos @ ~960k w/ 1 assist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMfg036P1Kw

Here's a combo @ 1mil w/ 2 assists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-b9bPZbP0

Dante ain't got that. Dante's match-play BnBs range from absolutely pitiful off a throw, to ~550k-600k off of lackluster confirms, to ~775k with actual solid combos and extensions. While he has stronger options, they've never seen match play and likely never will, unless Marlin picks up Dante, then we'll see them when he's not playing serious and can afford to drop combos.

Wesker's BnBs range from 600k off of "lol I shouldn't have been able to turn that into a combo but okay" to ~750k+ with glasses on and good confirms, and 900k+ with a solid confirm and assist usage.

Wesker never does that kind of damage in an actual match.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#32n0s2004Posted 5/11/2013 8:58:26 AM
^ Yes because none of the top players use him & those that do play him don't put him on point.
---
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
#33ProzacStylingsPosted 5/11/2013 9:06:45 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
Swagnet0 posted...
Can I get a link to these 900k Wesker combos?

I'm 99.9% sure he hits 900k solo with shotloops.

Here's 2 combos @ ~960k w/ 1 assist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMfg036P1Kw

Here's a combo @ 1mil w/ 2 assists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-b9bPZbP0

Dante ain't got that. Dante's match-play BnBs range from absolutely pitiful off a throw, to ~550k-600k off of lackluster confirms, to ~775k with actual solid combos and extensions. While he has stronger options, they've never seen match play and likely never will, unless Marlin picks up Dante, then we'll see them when he's not playing serious and can afford to drop combos.

Wesker's BnBs range from 600k off of "lol I shouldn't have been able to turn that into a combo but okay" to ~750k+ with glasses on and good confirms, and 900k+ with a solid confirm and assist usage.

Are we talking reasonably-practical damage, or, "what goes down in an actual match" damage?

Because "what goes down in an actual match" damage, for Dante, is ****ing ass.

Yipes' quick-thinking sMH xx cold shower confirm, is like a ~500k combo, WITH hyper. Then there's Dante airthrow combos. Lol 450k.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#34pwned3xPosted 5/11/2013 10:15:22 AM

He does when Yipes is playing him. The first link Prozac linked is my video and that was something I cooked up in a hour after seeing a proof of concept type video on the Wesker section of SRK. I have a much improved version using just Nova that does 980K off of a cr.M confirm... I can do it online at a high success rate and would be more than happy to prove it.

Wesker is an amazing character and I still believe he is a contender for top 5 and definitely top 10. The only pro to ever play Wesker correctly is Yipes. Everyone else just played XF4 Wesker and when that got figured out they all dropped him, even though that was never his optimum position in the first place. There are many other Wesker's out there who have an excellent neutral game with him (Wentinel, RDK, Andre), but still do baby mode combos with him. Theres no excuse for that because those extensions listed are easier than Magneto's flight combos.
---
PSN: Settai
UMvC3 Main Team: Magneto/Morrigan/Sentinel
#35NoizyChildPosted 5/11/2013 10:20:20 AM

He does when Yipes is playing him. The first link Prozac linked is my video and that was something I cooked up in a hour after seeing a proof of concept type video on the Wesker section of SRK. I have a much improved version using just Nova that does 980K off of a cr.M confirm... I can do it online at a high success rate and would be more than happy to prove it.

Wesker is an amazing character and I still believe he is a contender for top 5 and definitely top 10. The only pro to ever play Wesker correctly is Yipes. Everyone else just played XF4 Wesker and when that got figured out they all dropped him, even though that was never his optimum position in the first place. There are many other Wesker's out there who have an excellent neutral game with him (Wentinel, RDK, Andre), but still do baby mode combos with him. Theres no excuse for that because those extensions listed are easier than Magneto's flight combos.

I'd like to learn that combo. Is there a list of assists that it works with? Are there any notations?

(inb4lolWeskerexecution, I just learn better with notations)
---
Signature currently under construction.
#36lol_whatPosted 5/11/2013 10:25:39 AM
lol okay, two assist combos/calling missile during a combo, come back to me when wesker can actually hit anyone good without assists
#37pwned3xPosted 5/11/2013 12:47:28 PM
I'd like to learn that combo. Is there a list of assists that it works with? Are there any notations?

(inb4lolWeskerexecution, I just learn better with notations)

Sure thing. The one in the video is basically LMH Cobra Strike xx L(teleport), Samurai Edge cr.M or cr.H Cobra Strike xx L(teleport), Samurai Edge cr.MH Cobra Strike xx L(teleport), Samurai Edge (assist should hit right after you land Samurai Edge), Jaguar Kick Ghost Butterfly xx H, (in air) Samurai Edge (land) Cobra Strike xx L(teleport), Samurai Edge A1+A2

Sorry if the notations are messy. Anyways there are only 2 semi-difficult parts of the combo. The first is figuring out when to call the assist, and the timing varies between each assist. This is why I didn't put when to call the assist in the notations. Like for Hidden Missiles I call Doom while doing the MH after the second Cobra Strike, but for Tatsu I didn't call Ryu until a little before I used Samurai Edge after the third Cobra Strike. The other part is the air Samurai Edge into Cobra Strike. Not hard offline, but online it can be a pain so I just dash/teleport after the Ghost Butterfly and Cobra Strike that way.

As for what assists he can use as an extension, most of the popular ones work. I couldn't get Jam Session to work at all though. Weasel shot works wonderfully however. For Vajra I had to change up the combo quite a bit to get something working although the damage dealt was similar. The easiest (and often most damaging) options will be from groundbounces like Nova's. Drones give the best bang for your buck but the timing is kind of difficult. Missiles is actually really easy as well, and Tatsus were pretty hard for me. The easiest I've tried were

1. Katanarama
2. Mighty Strike
3. Centurion Rush
4. Weasel Shot
5. Eye of Agamatto/Hyper Grav

There are many others, but those seem to be the best options. Also one more thing. If your team has poor THC options, but great DHC options than just go into Phantom Dance after the very last Cobra Strike if you more than 1 bar. A great example of this the Wesker/Dante pairing. If you THC with that shell you'll get poor damage because Million Dollars doesn't hold the opponent in place, so Phantom Dance will knock them out of it. However if you Phantom Dance and then DHC into Million Dollars you can get up to 1.1Mil with good screen positioning and timing.

lol okay, two assist combos/calling missile during a combo, come back to me when wesker can actually hit anyone good without assists

Ugh I knew someone would end up saying something like that which is why I only used 1 assist in my video. The other assist I had was Disruptor, which is Wesker's 2nd favorite assist behind Vajra. As long as you're not facing Zero, Trish, or Morrigan that 1 assist is just fine for handling the neutral. Also Wesker fairs better solo than a large majority of the cast solo. He has the best set of non-sword normals, and his command grab makes his ground game really dominant.

I don't even know why this matters really. Even with terribad combos and screen placement Wesker should never go below 750k (800K without shades) assistless and thats perfectly fine. Most advanced Magneto combos do just over 800K and most of y'all consider that "being fancy", while Fanatiq tier combos barely scratch 700K. Wolverine needs 2 bars and an assist to even hope of passing 900K, and Hagger needs THCs (specific ones at that) to be a ToD character. None of these characters are considered to have high damage, yet Wesker deals just as much damage (if not more) with basic combos but his damage is considered subpar. Why?
---
#38pwned3xPosted 5/11/2013 12:50:40 PM
Sorry for the super wall-o-text btw. I just really enjoy playing Wesker and I love who he is as a character. I've seen so much incorrect BS being said about him since this game came out, and I'm just venting about it all now.
---
#39InyofasePosted 5/11/2013 1:07:05 PM
You forgot Chun-Li.
---
Dealing with people using ultimate defense gems in Street Fighter X Tekken. Ugh.
#40NoizyChildPosted 5/11/2013 1:37:32 PM
Sorry for the super wall-o-text btw. I just really enjoy playing Wesker and I love who he is as a character. I've seen so much incorrect BS being said about him since this game came out, and I'm just venting about it all now.

Thanks for the advice. Do you think the combo will work with Taskmaster or Hawkeye arrows?
---
Signature currently under construction.