Commentator Tier List

#11abcdWazzaHefghijklmnPosted 5/11/2013 6:47:34 AM
Combofiend is godlike with Yipes and Chris Matrix too. UltraChen belongs to top tier because they give give actual analytic commentary, not the hybrid humor/hype that the other teams bring. Magus is fine because he is sort-of knowledgeable, but there are A LOT of times where he is super biased or one-sided or just makes you shake your head (e.g. he'll profess how character X is really good and is one of the only characters who can deal with Y, then a player like Champ will refute that point and Magus will be like, "Oh yeah yeah yeah, that's why X is not really good at this matchup." I mean stick to your guns man...).

Nina + Persia are GOD AWFUL. And not in the mean-stream-monster kind of way (i.e. "shows us your boobs or get out"). It's because while they may be knowledgeable (Persia), they talk WAYYYYY too much. I don't need a literal play-by-play of every action and input on the screen because it comes out as one long high-pitched screeeeeeeech. They try to mimic Yipes's style too much.
#12VigrimPosted 5/11/2013 7:09:37 AM
Noel Brown is actually a good commentator and I find Zhi to be funny most of the time.
---
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls 2,Infamous 3,Street Fighter V,Suikoden 6,
#13SquekyduckquackPosted 5/11/2013 7:39:49 AM(edited)
No TastySteve = Dissapointment

Edit: didn't see him down there :( wtf he's godlike imo
---
Official Martian Manhunter of the Injustice: Gods Among Us Boards
GT: xBroviet Russia PSN: OGiKush420
#14n0s2004Posted 5/11/2013 7:42:41 AM
No mention of RDK? RDK & Neo were awesome in the Fanatiq vs Joker MM.
---
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
#15abcdWazzaHefghijklmnPosted 5/11/2013 7:45:49 AM
Oh yeah Zhi is GODLIKE. He is knowledgeable and has the most subtle, inappropriate and hurtful jokes.

I remember at Final Round he was commentating Xian vs. ChrisG. Throughout the match he was making the metaphor of old men vs. school girls that on the last clutch hit by Gen he went, "The molesters win! The molesters win! He is now exiting the train and blending in with the crowd..." [or something like that]

soooooo ridiculous
#16smasher61Posted 5/11/2013 8:21:36 AM
Dnyce is worse than every commentator ITT
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#17KromagnumPosted 5/11/2013 8:45:40 AM
smasher61 posted...

Agreed.
---
PSN: glenn220
Ain't no shook hands in Brooklyn, grab ya balls and man up! -Telly2588
#18A_CockatricePosted 5/11/2013 8:46:56 AM
smasher61 posted...

This
#19Jetanium4Posted 5/11/2013 9:10:39 AM
James Chen is ass.
---
The ultimate bad guy joins your team and somehow, in his shifting to the side of good, becomes as weak as an AIDS-ridden kitten.
- SigmaLongshot
#20liltaggPosted 5/11/2013 9:15:02 AM
abcdWazzaHefghijklmn posted...
UltraChen belongs to top tier because they give give actual analytic commentary, not the hybrid humor/hype that the other teams bring.

Except James Chen is incorrect about a significant amount of the things he says, sooooo
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif