MODOK? *Ironman 3 spoilers*

#1Sony_7Posted 5/11/2013 7:48:11 PM
Villain gave me a major MODOK vibe. A louse with no charisma turned into the head of A.I.M, an evil international scientific corporation. Also has a heavy emphasis on brain power and evolution and bringing man to it's peak.

The guy was like, a sleeker, sexier MODOK. He's a hell of a lot more like MODOK than he is like Aldrich Killian (who in the comics was just a minor cyber terrorist). I really think they wanted to go all out with a MODOK movie but just did not have the stones.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#2MegamanRockX2Posted 5/11/2013 8:54:41 PM
Sony_7 posted...
The guy was like, a sleeker, sexier MODOK.

---
SSJGrimReaper: Yes ragequitter hell does exist and it has Justin Bieber songs on constant repeat.
#3Neowulf13Posted 5/11/2013 8:55:23 PM
Sony_7 posted...
Villain gave me a major MODOK vibe. A louse with no charisma turned into the head of A.I.M, an evil international scientific corporation. Also has a heavy emphasis on brain power and evolution and bringing man to it's peak.

The guy was like, a sleeker, sexier MODOK. He's a hell of a lot more like MODOK than he is like Aldrich Killian (who in the comics was just a minor cyber terrorist). I really think they wanted to go all out with a MODOK movie but just did not have the stones.

>Implying MODOK isn't the epitome of sexiness
---
Playing: UMvC3, Demon's Souls, Dota2
:3
#4InyofasePosted 5/11/2013 9:26:26 PM
I forgot Modok is a character from the Ironman series and a playable character in umvc3, I wonder why.
---
Dealing with people using ultimate defense gems in Street Fighter X Tekken. Ugh.
#5thedarksunPosted 5/11/2013 9:28:56 PM
Ironman 3 was alright, it was essentially Ironman [with Unlimited Ironman Works] vs Shadeless X-Factor level 3 Wesker
#6LordRattergunPosted 5/12/2013 12:58:02 AM
MODOK isn't a generic douche businessman though, so no.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#7SlydeSlymPosted 5/12/2013 1:04:00 AM
Since we're talking movie spoilers, the villain would have made a more convincing modok than mandarin. I avoided spoilers before I saw it so when I saw AIM I thought modok was actually going to be a subvillain in the movie. All around disappointment and fail.
#8Killarock404Posted 5/12/2013 1:17:08 AM
Was a great movie, but I was a little disappointed with what they did with the Mandirin, and I thought Iron man got infected with the Extremis Virus not Pepper O_o. That ending was BS.
#9roofer1976Posted 5/12/2013 6:46:46 AM
Killarock404 posted...
and I thought Iron man got infected with the Extremis Virus not Pepper O_o. That ending was BS.

He did get infected with extremis, but he did it himself. In his closing narration he explains how he was able to get it stable for Pepper, as they show him getting the reactor removed from his chest. I took this as meaning that the stable form of extremis, and the fact that it has regenerative properties, is what allowed him to finally have it removed.

My take, at least. Sets him up to have some cool new extremis tricks in the next movie, be it Iron Man 4 or Avengers 2.
#10Spidex3000Posted 5/12/2013 7:23:06 AM
Killarock404 posted...
and I thought Iron man got infected with the Extremis Virus not Pepper O_o. That ending was BS.

He did get infected with extremis, but he did it himself. In his closing narration he explains how he was able to get it stable for Pepper, as they show him getting the reactor removed from his chest. I took this as meaning that the stable form of extremis, and the fact that it has regenerative properties, is what allowed him to finally have it removed.

My take, at least. Sets him up to have some cool new extremis tricks in the next movie, be it Iron Man 4 or Avengers 2.

Also set Mandarin/Killian for coming back, I'm really hoping for masters of evil.
---
PSN/XBL:Spidex3000