How good would Phoenix be if she had average health?

#11OMEGA RUGALPosted 5/14/2013 12:12:45 PM
Top tier in Ultimate.

In Vanilla ... absolutely broken.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
N64, GCN, Wii and now Wii U ... they are not consoles, they are Nintendo adapters for Sony and Microsoft consoles.
#12K-R-A-N-G-Posted 5/14/2013 12:23:22 PM
top 5 i'd say, she prolly would be one of the best point characters in the game. Her movement is too good.
#13Telly2588Posted 5/14/2013 1:51:51 PM
She's top tier now though, but on topic she'd be higher I guess.
---
PSN: BksOnlyHoP3
Yeezy taught me.
#14tjmr15Posted 5/14/2013 6:37:14 PM
You would all hate Phoenix. Or maybe not.

Healing field would have to change ( heal much slower like devil trigger?)

Who ever said she would be mid WITH the health buff should slap themselves. Even without the health buff she doo doos on all the mid tier characters and goes toe to toe with the high tier characters, so what does that make her? It's just the tech to stop dark Phoenix.

the TAC glitch is a glitch and should be removed, but the character specific tech I'm not mad at I guess. I don't know.

What do you non Phoenix players think? Is it ok that there is tech to stop dark Phoenix I lf the player has 5 bars? Like, think objectively, even if you hate Phoenix and want her out the game, should a player really be able to stop dark Phoenix without killing her?

I'm not trying to sound like a butt hurt Phoenix player, especially because 90% of people online don't even use the tech, even I don't use the TAC stuff because ill just be mad if I drop it and waste xfactor on my opponents Phoenix. I suppose I just think "ok...they just did some crazy tech that took meter from me or instantly killed dark Phoenix, that's dumb.. But dark Phoenix is dumb, so I guess we're even, I ain't even mad"

-sorry to hijack your thread with a question TC.
---
PSN : XxGodHandxX
* shield skillz > just like cap >*herp derp * mighty swing * herp derp* mighty swing - your in for a word of derpp *
#15ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/14/2013 6:50:33 PM
What about her damage output? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't solo Phoenix struggle to break 650k?
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#16tjmr15Posted 5/14/2013 7:33:01 PM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
What about her damage output? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't solo Phoenix struggle to break 650k?

Yes, but her ability to constantly open the opponent up more than compensates for this, her damage output has never been a problem for me, it's fine and doesn't need to be increased, even if she had no DP.
---
* shield skillz > just like cap >*herp derp * mighty swing * herp derp* mighty swing - your in for a word of derpp *
#17MrRocketRaccoonPosted 5/14/2013 8:07:47 PM
rip team mrn
---
ken da eagle
#18ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/14/2013 8:34:16 PM
tjmr15 posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

Yes, but her ability to constantly open the opponent up more than compensates for this, her damage output has never been a problem for me, it's fine and doesn't need to be increased, even if she had no DP.

Magneto only needs to open you up once, and you lose a character
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#19tjmr15Posted 5/15/2013 3:52:57 AM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
tjmr15 posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

That's very, very true. I was thinking about that, but she just wouldn't be better than magneto in that sense. If she still had healing field and all the tools she has now, I just feel like we damage wouldn't need to be buffed at all, she just wouldn't be a 1 touch I kill you character.

Would you agree that even with low damage she would still be top tier?
---
#20Teh_MaimedPosted 5/15/2013 5:07:52 AM
tjmr15 posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
tjmr15 posted...
ArmandoXIIIl posted...

That's very, very true. I was thinking about that, but she just wouldn't be better than magneto in that sense. If she still had healing field and all the tools she has now, I just feel like we damage wouldn't need to be buffed at all, she just wouldn't be a 1 touch I kill you character.

Would you agree that even with low damage she would still be top tier?

Phoenix has insta teleports, Magneto doesn't. Phoenix, without DP, would have to be given a lv 3 that can finish off someone. This has been said over and over again but Phoenix is the most mobile character in the game and has all tools in the game that can open up people.

So, with assists, Phoenix would be a beast. You only see Jean as anchor in the metagame and thus playing without assists. She already without assists can mixup incoming characters with her traps. With assists, she fan extend her combos, create even crazier mixups and overall increase her damage output.

In vanilla I used reg Jean all the time with Healing Field and no DP. Without DP she is one of the best characters still... But that TK shot air actions and air dash blocking got nerfed.
---
:-)